I have set up a Jira automation rule which seeks to link issues via issue links (relates to) if someone comments with a Jira reference on the ticket.
However, every time someone comments and the comment does not include a Jira ticket reference, the rule is throwing an error. In this case I wouldn't expect the rule to work since nobody has commented a Jira ticket reference. The comments do include our own internal references or dates, but why does Jira throw an error with the automation rule in this case? Is the regex i've used incorrect? Our ticket references begin 'FB-'
I followed the steps on this blog to set the rule up - https://blog.codebarrel.io/automatically-linking-issues-just-got-that-much-easier-25601d552e5a
Hi Kara,
The issue is going to run every time a comment is added based on the trigger you have.
But you should probably add a Condition between the two steps so it doesn't try to do the Link Issue part if it's not valid.
Thanks - can you tell me what condition I would add?
Sounds like you need JQL - but I am not sure what criteria you are using. When is it you want to fire and link?
When someone comments on a ticket and the comment includes a Jira ticket reference, I want the tickets to link via the 'relates to' link
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.