Hi everyone,
I would like to create a monthly scheduled rule with Epic and Tasks which have Sub-tasks. How can I link Tasks (Issues) to the Epic?
If I create a branch it doesn't give me to add one more level a branch with subtasks for the recent created issue.
What are the options?
I found a similar question
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-can-I-create-a-Epic-on-a-schedule-and-then-create-subsequent/qaq-p/759810
Thanks!
Hello @Natalia Golikova
Thank you for reaching out.
Per your description, I understand that you want to schedule an automation rule to create a pre-configured number of Epic, Tasks and Sub-tasks (Linked to each other) at the start of the month. Is that correct?
To achieve that, you can configure three rules and, using a common field value, make each one to be triggered by the other in a waterfall basis, properly creating the related tasks and sub-tasks as you need.
These would be the exact steps to achieve your need:
Let us know if this is what you are looking for or if you have any questions.
@Petter Gonçalves Thanks a lot! It works!
Does this work for Next Gen projects?
@Petter Gonçalves I did and rechecked everything, but ...
Can anyone tell me where am I going wrong?
Link for all images.
Does the automatically created task make trigger at all? I tested this. I thought maybe this wouldn't work. I did a simple test. The first automation created a task. Second automation triggered when first task is created and created another task if task's reporter is Automation for Jira. This didn't work.
Maybe when creating a task, the trigger only works if we using the user interface. I don't know.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.