How can I create a Epic on a schedule and then create subsequent issues all linked to that?

Marlene Vitale March 27, 2018

I have sucessfully created a rule that will create a ticket and then create subsequent tickets. The ability to link the issue to the last created issue seems to work well. We would now like to perform the same type of process, but in this case, we are not linking tickets, we want to create a Epic link. It does not seem to be working the way we would like. If I create the issue as a branch with the option "For most recently created issue", and for the epic link I select any of the 4 copy options, I get the error: ""Can't branch rule as it requires issue(s) in the context for this option. More than likely you have a trigger that doesn't insert issues into the rule chain. e.g. Scheduled rule not running a JQL query. Creating an issue does not put an issue into the context, you have to branch on it directly."" for the branch rule and for the epic link the error I get is: gh.epic.error.not.found"".

Can someone please assist me in the proper way to create an epic on a schedule, and create issues linked to that epic in an automation rule.

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user March 27, 2018

Hey there Marlene,

Looks like you've raised a support ticket at https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/CBS-6259 with lots of screenshots, so we'll deal with the query there.

Cheers,

Mark C

Edwin Stol February 27, 2020

Hi @[deleted] - could you post the outcome here as well? i'm curious how (you guys) solve(d) it.
[edit]

We tend to use something like this:

Automation_rules_-_JIRA_-_Mozilla_Firefox.png

Like # people like this
steven viers October 28, 2020

Any response from anyone at Atlassian? 

Suggest an answer