We use Jira Service Desk Cloud and Automation for Jira. To date we haven't had much in the way of automation for the service desk side of our instance, only our internal Jira. With that we want to do the following and I have been unable to make this successfully work.
- Service Desk Agent moves a ticket into "Awaiting Customer Approval"
- Customer does not respond
- At 3 days (doesn't even have to be business days) we post a comment to the service desk ticket with a reminder that we are waiting for their approval
- At 5 business days if we haven't heard back (e.g. status is still in awaiting customer approval because other automation would flip the status if the customer responded), we send a 2nd reminder
- If the customer still does not respond by 7 days then we want to auto-close the ticket with another comment.
I have all of the comment wording already outlined and can handle that part, but getting the JQL and automation logic correct is proving to be a challenge.
Here's what I have so far.

JQL: project in ("Test1","Test2") AND status = "Awaiting Customer Approval" AND updated < -3d
When I execute this job, it resets the last updated so I think if I keep running it, it will keep adding the same comment. I want to add a different comment on day 5 and then yet another differently worded comment on day 7 and auto close. Your help is much appreciated!