Please help to create an automation that clears a fields value using Automation for JIRA.
This is currently what i have but it does not work.
Hi Andrew,
I don't know your full use case but note that there are out-of-the-box Jira workflow post functions that can clear a field.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/advanced-workflow-configuration-776636620.html#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-postfunctions
Hey Andrew,
Thanks for reaching us. I'm from Automation for Jira team
It seems that you're trying to clean the custom field Baseline end date, right?
So, can you try to remove the additional field configuration?
Then, you'll need to keep this field empty, and with this configuration, your field will be empty.
Can you give a try and let me know how it goes?
Have a nice day!
Cheers,
Chris
Hi Chris,
I stumbled upon this issue, because I have the same use case:
Unfortunately, the solution you suggest does not work for me:
But the field is of course available for this issue; the issue got selected only because it has this field set.
Any ideas on how to solve this?
Kind regardsMartin
Turns out: The problem in my case was that the Actor did not have "Edit issue" permission.
Now that I've given it this permission, I can confirm that your suggestion works.
RegardsMartin
Is it possible to do this for the Resolution Field? I'm trying to clear it when reopening an issue but all of the suggestions I can find don't appear to work:
I found that, if you are doing an automation rule where the trigger is the changing of the value of a field, leaving date fields blank to clear them does not work.
Instead, I have to use {{clear}} trick:
Solved: How to use automation to clear date value on chang... (atlassian.com)
Thanks,Mike
Hi Mike, What "{{clear}} trick"? The given link provides no details.
I need to clear custom date fields "Target start" and "Target end" (created by Advanced Roadmaps), which are not visible in the field dropdown, hence must use the Additional Fields section.
Actually, after some trial and error, this appears to work:
{ "fields": { "Target start": null }}
This just really helped me! Thank you! I used it to automatically remove a flag when changing the status from blocked to any other status.
{ "fields": { "Flagged": null }}
Hi @[deleted] ,
I am facing a strange issue with the automation rule.
When I use the automation for only one custom field , it works all fine.(PFA)
But when I use it for multiple custom fields it fails.
Any idea what could be missing here.
Thanks,Ajinkya
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.