I have a group of external contractors that I want to grant specific access to.
In Confluence, there are page subtrees in 2 spaces which I need them to have access to, but access to nothing else. I tried:
- creating a group for these contractors
- removing them from the Confluence users group
- restricting access to the top level page they need access to to their group plus the Confluence users group
When they log in, they get an error and can see no spaces or pages. When they try to go directly to the page I created the restrictions on, they are prompted to request access. If I give them Confluence access in response to the request, they can now see every page in every space.
Is there a way to do this correctly without having to add specific restrictions to keep them off all of the other pages (which ) get errors on as well?
Only working on Confluence now, but once I get this figured out, will need to grant them access to a subset of all projects in Jira, so guidance there would be helpful as well.
Thanks!