Hi all,
I have a question around the fastest / least manual way to get an update from an email transformed into a StatusPage notification. So for example we deal with a number of partners who, when they have an incident, only inform us via email. Currently I am copying their update into StatusPage, tweaking it into something customer friendly, and then sending it out manually.
I have found this regarding automating component updates via email, which seems to allow for setting the status of a component to UP or DOWN, or to partial outage / degraded performance.
https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/get-started-with-email-automation/#Step-2--Automating-the-component-via-email
I have tested the DOWN functionality, and this appears to work in part, triggering a Slack notification and updating the component status, but NOT triggering an email notification:
However any emails I have sent with partial outage or degraded performance are being ignored. I have tried from both my individual and our team mailboxes:
So my queries are as follows:
- Is there something I'm doing wrong/need to do differently with the partial outage / degraded performance emails? For example I have not been adding a subject or any test in the body of the email.
- Is there any way to get this process to automatically trigger a StatusPage notification email to anyone who is subscribed to the component?
My ideal outcome would be as follows:
- Partner sends us an incident email
- I tweak that and forward it to StatusPage for the impacted component
- StatusPage generates an email incident notification for that component