There are tons of resolutions on when SourceTree popup which asks for credentials. However, I could not find any fix on this specific error. When I clone a repository in SourceTree the following screen pops up. I checked the radio button for a few of them and clicked Select. This didn't anything as the popup came back. Also, the options are repeated. I clicked Cancel about 5-10x and the popup goes away and I move forward with Commit/Pull. It allows me to do this but the popup keeps coming and I just hit Cancel over and over. I have to hit Cancel about 20-30x while I commit/pull. The popup appears randomly throughout the day and/or when I am commiting/pulling/pushing in Sourcetree. How do I resolve this issue?
Attempted the following with no luck:
1. I followed the steps in this URL: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/CredentialHelperSelector/qaq-p/1334704 and it still doesnt work.
2. Avoided checking the "Git Credential Manager" checkbox during the Git for Windows installer
