cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forms

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2023

Still new to JWM so I'm tinkering around in my personal Cloud instance.  I'm LOVING Forms... anyone want to share what forms they've created that's saved a TON of time?

3 comments

Comment

Dave Buitenhek June 30, 2023

Hi Laurie - I have multiple issue types in my Business (JWM) Project with different workflows, so I have different forms setup for each. Standard Tasks are the quickest / least amount of detail (using the basic Forms function), so that other teams can add requests quickly. More complex requests include additional fields and require more information (using Advanced Forms, under Project settings). All are then linked on our Confluence space. Best of luck!

Like Laurie Sciutti likes this
Emilee
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 30, 2023

I second your sentiment @Laurie Sciutti ! I also love the forms built into JWM. We use it to have other teams fill out requests that they want us to work on. That way, it doens't get in the way of current work and we can get the basic details to see who would be best to follow up and scope out the work. Definitely saves us some back and forth on Slack! 

Like Laurie Sciutti likes this
Todd Barner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 8, 2023

Hello group - I am brand new to JWM. So please be patient the newbie question. I have a Project and created a new form. which was nice and easy. How do I publish or turn on the form? I preview it, but do not see Submit button or even a way to test the form out. Am I missing an easy step or something else?

We are hoping to make a request form and tie it into our Confluence site.

Thank you for any insights and help.

Emilee
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 8, 2023

Hi @Todd Barner ,

I think that if you can preview the form then it should be live. Try clicking on the share button next to the preview. If should give a url link that you can embed in a Confluence page. 

Also, for more help - take a look at this documentation page which shows step by step how to do this. 

Hope that helps! 

Todd Barner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 8, 2023

Thanks @Emilee for the quick response. I'll go check out the Documentation you linked. Thank you.

One problem, I don't see or have a share button/link. I have Build, Preview and Settings.  So my issue could be my rights or permissions.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events