Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Atlassian software and training programs for individuals as well as teams?

Shaun Griffin July 31, 2021

I'm wondering as an individual if Atlassian software is worth learning about. It seems like there is a lot to learn about the software and the importance of knowing how to use it. Are many businesses currently using Atlassian?

3 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2021

It depends on your needs/goals. If you are looking for a personal to do app, IMO, there are easier alternatives. If you are looking to manage projects or to-dos with workflows that are beyond basic concepts then Jira is worth looking into. Jira is widely used in business today.

0 votes
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2021

@Shaun Griffin Welcome to the Community!

0 votes
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2021

Welome to the community @Shaun Griffin 

Here are some videos that might help you answer those questions.

Personally, my answer is absolutely! But like @Jack Brickey says, it depends on the needs and goals. I do think most businesses have similar needs so again, for me Atlassian software does very well in what I use it at in the company I work at.

Enjoy!
KGM

Peter Esposito July 31, 2021

I must say, I fully agree especially when it comes to the enterprise discussion.  We took a poll in two different classes I took for CSM and CSPO about what tools are being used in the workforce, typically with Scrum but also Kanban, and an overwhelming majority was for Jira Software at about 90% of roughly 60 classmates.  Other options, discussed were all one-offs and did not even come close to those who communicated as using JIRA.  This was the specific reason I began my journey to seek knowledge with Alassian / Jira.  Also, the use of Confluence seems strong as well.  I hope this helps.    There are some free classes with Alassian for Jira Software Foundation, Confluence, and more.  There are some other good details online with YouTube and Udemy.  The university link is below and there are paid courses as well.

Discover - Atlassian University | Atlassian

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events