hello

Preeti Iyer August 16, 2021

I am new user. Is there a tutorial on how burndown charts can be created

4 comments

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2021

Probably worth starting at https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/view-and-understand-the-burndown-chart/

(The simple answer to "how burndown charts can be created" is "start a sprint, then click on the burndown chart in the reporting section")

Like # people like this
Preeti Iyer August 25, 2021

Thank you Nic. I am looking for a tutorial where I can make the burndown chart simulatneously. I have been able to get to the burn down chart but something seems off. So i was hoping to see an example and build it live.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2021

There isn't anything more to creating a burndown chart than clicking on the link to the burndown chart display.

If something seems "off", then either your data is wrong, or you are not quite understanding the chart or the data.  We can try to help you with that, but we'll need to know what you are expecting to see and what you are getting.

Preeti Iyer August 26, 2021

Thank you, Nic. Can i set up a call to show you the same?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 27, 2021

Show us what?  I don't see that "click on burndown chart in the report options for the board" needs a call to show you.

Could you explain what you are expecting to see and what you are getting when you do that?

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2021

Welcome to the community, @Preeti Iyer ! Nic has rightly suggested the starting point on Burndown charts for you. 

Like Preeti Iyer likes this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2021

@Preeti Iyer Welcome to the Community!

Preeti Iyer August 25, 2021

Thanks Erica. 

Like Erica Moss likes this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 26, 2021

Hi @Preeti Iyer 

Welcome to the Atlassian community forum.

Get started with your Atlassian learning journey, where you can explore free tutorials on Jira software.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events