documentation product

Renato Pontefice January 2, 2020

Hi,

I'm brand new to Atlassian,

I'm looking for a documentation tool.

I mean:

• something that has a good ACL rule
  • good documet production and export (pdf, html...)

can someone show me wich is the best product ?

Thank you

Renato

9 comments

Comment

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2020

Hi @Renato Pontefice 

You should check out "Confluence" for managing your documentation.

Like # people like this
Renato Pontefice January 3, 2020

Can you sudgest me something in particular?

I mean which product of confluence

TIA

Renato

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2020

Hi @Renato Pontefice : Confluence itself is a product. Checkout the following link for complete details: https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence

You should opt for Confluence Cloud if you do not want to manage the installation and hosting part. You can opt for server version if you can manage the installation and hosting.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2020

Hi Renato - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Confluence would be a great choice for you, especially with all of the built-in integration with Jira. 

Like # people like this
Vitali Charin January 3, 2020

Hi there,

As already mentioned, Atlassian Confluence is the documentation/collaboration tool which fits your needs (ACL rules and export function).

Official documentation from Atlassian:

- Permissions: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/permissions-and-restrictions-139557.html

- Export function: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/export-content-to-word-pdf-html-and-xml-139475.html

You can test Confluence for free on your local machine before buying it. Have fun evaluating it. 

Best regards,

Vitali

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2020

Hi @Renato Pontefice!

Welcome to the Community!

I agree with what everyone else has said.  You might want to check out the Confluence collection on the community.

Also, don't hesitate to ask any other questions.  Everyone here is very friendly and ready to help!

-Jimmy

Like Deepanshu Natani likes this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2020

Hi @Renato Pontefice , Welcome to the Community! If you go for Confluence (which I also recommend), remember that there is a whole section in the Community for Confluence questions and comments. Good luck!

Carlos

Like Deepanshu Natani likes this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2020

@Renato Pontefice Welcome, welcome! 😄

Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2020

Hi @Renato Pontefice 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!~

Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2020

Hi @Renato Pontefice 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
February 5, 2020

@Renato Pontefice Greetings from Washington DC and welcome to the Community. Let us know if we can help you in any way. Have you had a chance to try Confluence as the others have mentioned? Thoughts? Please let us know your experience.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events