What's Your All-Time Favorite Atlassian Swag?

Andrew Zimmerman _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

Ah, December. A time to reflect on the many accomplishments from the past year. This month always makes me quite nostalgic. What better way to think back on all our highs and lows than to celebrate our favorite Atlassian swag that's been by our side along the way?!

Atlassian has come up with some top-notch swag over the years. Shirts, hoodies, backpacks, socks, notebooks.... the list goes on.

I want to know yours! What's your all-time favorite, best ever, cherished swag item from Atlassian?

11 comments

Comment

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

Mine's got to be the black Premium T-shirt from awhile back. Simple, versatile (sometimes it's worn as pajamas and sometimes it's worn at work), and fits nicely. This one's my current favorite Atlassian swag item.

favswagshirt.png

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2022

Hi @Andrew Zimmerman _Appfire_ - For me it has to be this Atlassian throw blanket. It is so plush and soft and I love it! 

Throw.jpg

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2022

@Summer_Hogan So cozy!

Like Summer_Hogan likes this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2022

I think that this would be last year's apptoberfest hoodie! Just what I need for this time of year! I love hoodies!

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2022

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ I love hoodies (and hoodie weather) too!

Like # people like this
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2022

I think it is the Timbuk2 bags from a fair few years ago. Still using the backpack one on a daily basis.

Will take a photo later and upload.

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2022

@Phill Fox , love the functional swag items!

Like Summer_Hogan likes this
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2022

My favorite is the years active jacket you get after 5 years as a community leader. It's been my go to jacket for the past couple of weeks and especially now when the weather is turning colder here in the PNW...

IMG_6286.jpg

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2022

@Mikael Sandberg oh wow, that's legit swag. Looks like a great jacket!

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2022

Outstanding @Mikael Sandberg ! Congrats on your 5 year being a community leader! Hope to get there one day!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2022

I'm rather fond of the carry-bags - mostly rucksacks, but there's been a couple of foldable, a courier bag, some nice laptop sleeves, etc.  I ran out of space for them all, so a few have gone to friends. 

My oldest one is still in use for shopping (it's very light and voluminous, loads of space for hefting tons of coffee, tea, cheese, etc back from the supermarket), another is "pick up and go on holiday", a third is general-purpose (blurs between "working from cafe", "afternoon in the pub" and "games night"), and the best one is "the school bag", the one that I stick a laptop in, and go to work/friend visit/holiday with.

But there are two that stand out.  For me:

cc1fc594-3ae3-4c43-82b2-27b3ad217f10.jpeg
The one with "answers" written on it is a great jacket Atlassian sent me years ago.  We call it the "expensive coat" because the way the swag system worked at the time meant that Atlassian gave out dedicated swag by putting huge prices on items dedicated to specific people and then giving the target recipient a discount voucher for most/all of the price.  I thin that coat was $5,000 and 10 of us got a voucher for it.  Irrespective of the pricing fiddle. it's a damn good jacket.

The woolier one to the left is my favourite outerwear for when the Answers jacket is not right.  And everything else in the photo is Atlassian or Adaptavist swag.

But the favourite swag item in this house is, by far, 

MortyCloudie.jpeg

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- haha what a fun fact regarding the old swag voucher system! Didn't know any of that.

I love a good jacket that stands the test of time. Bonus being able to tell people there's a $5K coat in the closet.

Lol, ah yes, I see the cloud pillow is well loved.

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2022

I too still have my Atlassian Answers Jacket, it's probably one of the longest lasting pieces of SWAG I have (together with my "Don't Drink And Code" and "Atlassian Dragon Slayer" t-shirts :)

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2022

Over the past year my daily wardrobe has evolved into an Atlassian advertisement of sorts. My absolute favorite swag/clothing is my Nike Confluence Hoodie. I cannot remember right now where I won it, but it is the most comfortable piece of clothing for 55F-85F and I love walking around feeling like I am rep'ing Confluence. 

I am also a sucker for socks. Maybe its because I grew up lower middle class and until today won't buy new socks until they are more holes than fabric, and so I love the idea of getting new socks. My current repertoire is wearing them almost daily in a cycle.

• Atlassian Community Socks
  • Atlassian University Socks
  • Atlassian Pixel Socks
  • 'Connie' Socks
  • Cloudie Socks
  • Confluence & Jira Better Together Socks!

IMG_4798.jpg

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2022

Haha I love getting socks, too! The more funky and colorful, the better!

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Ditte Simard
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2023

I think my entire sock collection is going to be replaced by Atlassian Confluence socks! 

I am jealous of your Cloudie socks!  :)

Like # people like this
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 6, 2022

Hi,

There are a lot of swags, but my favorite one is the Codegeist 2011 swag. I'm still wearing it and I will always keep it.

Here's the story behind this swag. Due to this Codegeist competition in 2011, I published my first app at Atlassian Marketplace. I didn't win the award but I got this T-shirt: D

Anyway, the app in the market was soon popular and I started to implement others, and then I established my own business and expanded in numbers. We joined the Appfire family a few years ago. So this swag means a lot to me.

atlass-swag.jpeg

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 6, 2022

What an awesome story! So many memories associated with the swag. That's in part why I love it so much. Thanks for sharing.

Like # people like this
vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2022

Hi @Andrew Zimmerman _Appfire_ 

Good idea to know all swags from Atlassian

My favorite swag is Picknick Holiday Swag, it has made my daughter's day. Thanks for Atlassian.

Vikram P

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2023

I love my bombas socks and this hoodie I got last year! I'm all about swag and always happy to represent my favorite tools.

PXL_20210907_235906937.PORTRAIT.jpg

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2023

@Amanda Barber great choice! That hoodie looks awesome for our Midwest winters!

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2023

I definitely need to add this one to my collection!

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2023

Bahahaha! Love it!

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Ditte Simard
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2023

I am late to this party but I have to share my favorite Atlassian swag...  I won the "Halp" dinosaur at Team'22.  If I remember correctly, I was told that it was handmade by a woman in the Ukraine.  :)

halpdino.jpg

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2023

@Ditte Simard, fantastic! Will your Halp Dino be making an appearance at Team 23? 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events