Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happen when I copy my Confluence to other Confluence group?

Jayson Prince July 26, 2022

Does this add to Confluence? Or does it overwrite it? I want to make sure any data we have in there is kept.

2 comments

Comment

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2022

@Jayson Prince Could you please clarify a bit more as to what are you trying to copy: a Confluence Space or whole Confluence data backup (XML), and from which platform (Server/DC or Cloud) to which platform (Server/DC or Cloud)? Are you using any specific tool (like Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant) to copy/move your Confluence Space(s) data?

Jayson Prince July 26, 2022

Please accept my apologies as I need to copy my Confluence Wiki to another Confluence group. so that I won't have to worry about starting from scratch any longer.
What ought I to do?
You also highlighted the existence of servers and the cloud.

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2022

Hello @Jayson Prince ,

What do you mean by copying to another group? Another space, team within the same instance, or another instance of Confluence?

Jayson Prince July 28, 2022

I wish to transfer my Confluence team's system to another group.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events