Welcome Wednesday: Which Atlassian product do you want to learn more about?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2021

Happy New Year Everyone!  Welcome to 2021!

I hope everyone has enjoyed some time off at some point during the holiday season.

As we begin the new year it's time to start thinking about the major things we want to accomplish this year.

For me that always involves expanding my knowledge in some form or capacity.  This week I thought I'd ask what Atlassian product you are looking to learn more about this year?

For me personally, I'm looking to learn more about Confluence.  I started a new job in November of last year where I'm the Jira Admin.  I have been a Jira Admin for over 7 years at my previous company.  My new company has indicated that they might want my role to expand and include Confluence administration.

My previous company didn't have Confluence, so I'm rather new to using it.  But, I already know that there are tons of helpful people here that I know will support me as I starting my journey to learn more about Confluence.

What is everyone else looking to learn this year?

18 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2021
Utsav Manpuria January 6, 2021

I am here to learn about BitBucket

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2021

At my previous job I managed both our Jira and BitBucket (server) instance.  I thought it was a fantastic product.  In my opinion the easiest of the server products to upgrade.

Lawrence January 6, 2021

I'm a non-administrative user and look to learn how to get the query result within a confluence page

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2021

Very good question @Jimmy Seddon , I am looking to invest a lot of time learning more about BitBucket.

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2021

Awesome @Fadoua!  Atlassian did a fabulous job with their source control tools.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2021

I am hoping to learn more about Atlassian Access. And then probably Insights after that. 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2021

@John Funk I was part of an initial setup of Atlassian Access using Azure AD.  I'm following the collection there so if you have questions I might see them and be able to help you!

Like Stuart Capel - London likes this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2021

I am hoping to learn more about Jira Software, Jira Service Management, and Confluence Cloud products, since their features are expanding quickly. And with a change of Atlassian's focus to Cloud products recently, I believe that cloud products are going to be the next big thing.

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2021

Good point @Taranjeet Singh!  I'm also interested in Jira Service Management as well.

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2021

Hi @Jimmy Seddon ,

I love the idea of welcome Wednesday!

Well, I would like to learn more about JSM & Confluence!

Regards,

Soumyadeep (SaM)

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2021

Thanks @Soumyadeep Mandal!  I think we will be on that journey together!

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2021

Hi @Jimmy Seddon 

I am here to learn about JiraAlign

Happy New Year !!!

Cheers

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2021

@Vero Rivas that is one that I haven't gotten to yet either.  But, I also haven't been working for a company that was large enough to benefit from it.  Maybe my current company will grow large enough to may it worth me looking into it!

Like # people like this
Paula Hidalgo January 11, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon and @Vero Rivas - Jira Align for me as well.  Here is a good comparison of when to use Advanced Roadmaps vs. Jira Align -> https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/agile-at-scale/portfolio-and-align.  Download the PDF to see details.

Like # people like this
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2021

BitBucket and Align!

JimmyVanAU
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2021

I'm going to make an effort to learn about Jira next gen projects, both Software and Service Desk!

Vishal Biyani
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2021

I am going to invest time in learning about bitbucket and how to effectively utilize integration of Jira, Confluence and bitbucket.

Ganesh Babu
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2021

A nice question..!!! @Jimmy Seddon  I am looking to learn more on JSM & Bitbucket..!!!

On cloud the Next-Gen Projects.

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2021

I'm going to utilize my time in learning Atlassian Jira Service Management in Both Server and Cloud.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2021

I'm going to review several topics about OpsGenie - as there were a discussion about it coming in from colleagues - and some reading was anyway on the to-do list :)

Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2021

I'm really excited to learn more about Advanced Roadmaps - It's already helping me to manage projects at a programme level and it makes keeping my issues up to date a whole lot easier!

I'm particularly interested in getting to grips with auto-scheduling - I'm hoping it's awesome as I think it's going to be!

Milan Chheda [INFOSYSTA]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2021

Happy New Year, everyone!

I am excited for 2021 and really want to learn JIRA Align and get more advanced in JSM.

Cheers!

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2021

all the scrum stuff, since we start with some agile projects

& confluence, to merge my existing documentations and guides

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2021

More about Butler automations in Trello!

Megan Sommer March 9, 2021

Looking forward to learning more about Jira (specifically integration options/capabilities) and Confluence.

Lawrence March 9, 2021

Confluence and how to format the content such as a table.  For example can one have a text next to a table?

Jira/Confluence, how to plot and format jira statistic in a confluence page

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events