Welcome Wednesday: Where do you want to travel next?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2022

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

We are a few weeks removed from Team '22 now, which was the first travel experience for myself and a number of the other attendees that I spoke to while in Vegas.

In addition, more and more travel restrictions continue to be removed making travel more accessible to people.

My question for you this week:  Are you planning to travel anywhere soon?  If not, where are you hoping to go in the future?

Personally, I'm not planning on going anywhere again very soon.  I'm not a really big traveler, but when my wife and I do travel we put a lot of effort and planning into it.

Our next big trip will be next year.  We are planning to take both of our kids to Disneyland & Universal Studios Hollywood.  With the announcement of Super Nintendo World coming in 2023, my son is extremely excited to go see it (I am too!).  

Ok it's your turn now!  Let me know in the comments where you are looking to travel in the future!

Have a great rest of the week!

8 comments

Comment

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2022

I am going to Hawaii in two weeks! My boyfriend and I are visiting Oahu and staying in Waikiki! I'm so excited to finally go! The last time I was in Hawaii was in 2019 so it's been a while. I recently worked for Hawaiian Airlines so I got really used to going and then Covid happened! I'm looking forward to 6 days of nothing but fun and relaxation! 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2022

That sounds amazing!  I live in a part of the world where we just can't seem to shake those winter temperatures so I'd really appreciate somewhere warm right now!

Like Dawn MacDermid likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 26, 2023

@MarcoGoodman my wife and I have similar plans but it will depend on how well a 2 year old will travel on a plan.

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2022

@Jimmy Seddon That's a great question, especially when people have started traveling normally after COVID-19!

For me, my wife, kids, & I are eagerly waiting for the summer to start planning & traveling to not-so-far destinations within & nearby Indianapolis (where we live), especially with lakes or waterparks. But these will be mostly small weekend getaways.

As long as bigger or longer trips are concerned, we are in an awkward situation currently.

We are not planning any longer & costly trips within US since we are eagerly waiting for the results of our Canada PR application (which is getting delayed, not sure why, but probably due to huge backlog with IRCC due to other priority PR and Refugee applications!) and are hoping to plan our biggest travel for migration, within this year, to Edmonton, Alberta, CA.

And this trip is going to be a costlier, hectic, & life-changing one for sure, especially for my wife and kids who do not like cold weather. So, we are strongly hoping to get this move completed within the summer months!

And, yes, Disneyland and Disney World are always fun to visit with family! I have been to Disney World and not Disneyland since I heard from most of the people that Disney World is bigger and better than Disneyland.

Have a great Wednesday, everyone!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2022

I can very much appreciate local travel.  It's amazing the things you can find.  Also good luck with the PR application, that will be quite a big change!

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2022

@Jimmy Seddon my wife and I usually take our family one week every summer to some destination in the mountains of northern New England. We love New Hampshire and Vermont, the outdoors, the lack of smog, crisp mornings and great hiking and biking!

But this summer our oldest will be spending the semester abroad in Israel and we are going to take the entire family there for the first time ever. 4/5 of my children have never been on a plane, or out of the country, so it's very exciting for us all! Two weeks of fun, exploration and learning about our roots and heritage are planned and since my CC has already exploded from the airfare and other reservation charges, it's always on my mind!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2022

Wow!  That will be quite the experience for you!

Like # people like this
Dawn MacDermid May 2, 2022

What an amazing change of pace for you this year.

It is great to broaden your kids horizons by taking them somewhere new, and allowing them to experience new cultures.

Enjoy

Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2022

Business trips planned: Berlin, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Warsaw... (Corona is well and truly over...)

Family hols: We have Infinity Passes, so off to Disneyland Paris a lot the coming months. And Mama just flexed on us with a free holiday to Greece. My first time. Exciting.

I am hyper-aware of my privileged lifestyle, which is why my 2022 is more about charity work and giving-back/paying-forward as much as possible!

So, part of my planning for the coming period is to get out to places that need it most. Been a long time since I physically helped a charity in person. Last one was March 2020 🤯

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2022

@Fun Man Andy I hope you bring us along for the charity rides and give the community a chance to participate like @Jimmy Seddon has with his Extra Life charity streams!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2022

Awesome!  Looking forward to hearing more about it Andy!

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2022

I hope so too @Andy Gladstone - it won't be such epic streaming like Jimmy, but will share my adventures as much as possible!

Speaking of which.... day out at Animal Event, and we hung out with Hulphond.nl, our newest charity we support since yesterday!!

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/funmanandy_animalevent-flipthedog-physical-activity-6929331391889330176-mPKW?utm_source=linkedin_share&utm_medium=member_desktop_web

Dawn MacDermid April 28, 2022

I am based in the UK - and the week before lockdown we purchased a motorhome.  SO our travels are largely touring the UK with our shell on our backs - great way to travel during all the Covid crises, as we are largely self-contained.

No plans for international travel though, as yet - I am quite happy as I am.

Also now work from home, so no business travel either over the past couple of years, and none currently scheduled.

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro April 28, 2022

Awesome @Dawn MacDermid

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2022

That actually sounds like a lot of fun Dawn!  You were also very fortunate to be thinking ahead as I'm pretty sure buying a motorhome here is very expensive if you can even find one for sale.

Like # people like this
Evangeline Black May 2, 2022

Fantastic idea @Dawn MacDermid !! That gives me a food for thought for my next year holidays. 

Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro April 28, 2022

Hi @Jimmy Seddon

I'm pretty late, but I'm here now 😁!

It's a great question because my husband and I talk a lot about it.

And we really don't know the destination and the date yet.

So many places that we want to visit, I'm more a traveler than my Husband, and that's why we're overthinking—complex decision making. 😃😋 

Let's see what happens! 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2022

Sounds like my wife and myself.  She wants to go everywhere, I mostly want to stay at home.  I'm sure you will find somewhere great!

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2022

@Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro if you are not sure where to go and are not a seasoned traveler, start small in the areas you live and do day or overnight trips. I love exploring around AZ. You never know what you are going to find! 

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro April 29, 2022

@Jimmy Seddon  Thank you so much; we'll find a manner to solve it! And also nice to know about similar behaviors 😃!

@Summer_Hogan, excellent idea! Thank you so much for your tip! The main idea is not to change this into something hard, right! 😃

I appreciate both of your suggestions, buddies! Thank you so much! 🤗🤗🤗

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2022

Yes, exactly! Especially if you don't have to get on a plane...then it should be really easy! 

Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro April 29, 2022

I'm glad for your kind help @Summer_Hogan !

You're right! And I love it! 🤗

Like Summer_Hogan likes this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2022

No problem @Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro and thanks for the Kudos! 

Evangeline Black April 30, 2022

I'm also based in UK @Jimmy Seddon . I'm not planning to travel abroad anywhere however I might visit some places in UK. 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2022

@Evangeline Black Ok let me ask you this as someone who may want to travel to the UK in the future, where would you recommend visiting?

Like Summer_Hogan likes this
Evangeline Black May 2, 2022

There are so many interesting places in UK @Jimmy SeddonI would recommend London of course with its iconic landmarks, Big Ben, The Eye, Tower Of London. The city amazes me every time when I go. It seems very different during the day than it is at night. It is diverse, buzzing and friendly. Absolute must visit!

If you like the sea then Portsmouth is my next pick. See HMS Victory, The Spinnaker Tower or Portsmouth Cathedral or just simply wander along the promenade. Not too far from Portsmouth is a small but cosy island. Perfect place to retreat after a busy day in the city.

If you are more of an inland and forest person then definitely Windsor, where our Queen resides. It is a beautiful place with rich history and stunning surroundings. You can find here the oak trees as majestic as the Queen herself! Runnymede, where all law and order started (Magna Carta) is just "next door". 

And lastly if I may, The Alton Towers Resort, for your "thrill seeking" side. It is a huge  amusement park. Not exactly a Disneyland but it combines beautiful countryside with Stargazing Pods, Enchanted Village and some awesome rides that will take your breath away! Just thinking about it gives me goose bumps 😆!

I hope that I inspired you to visit @Jimmy Seddon 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2022

Yes!  Part of me now wants to see it all.  But I'm really interested in Windsor!

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2022

Thanks @Evangeline Black - Now I want to visit too! I want to go to London for the Harry Potter related stuff just as much as to see all the sights! I love Harry Potter and I would love to do the Studio Tour and go to Platform 9 3/4! 

Like Evangeline Black likes this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2022

@Jimmy Seddon - not Luton! 😜😆

#s^!thole

Take it from someone who's got it listed on their passport as 'place of birth' 😉

That said, the house I was born and raised in for 7yr was haunted AF 👻 so if paranormal stuff floats your boat, that's worth a week's stay.

And I love what Evangeline wrote. Perfect for someone coming in from afar. Only edit I would make is Alton Towers first, then the rest 😎 maybe alsto add in the Tate Modern museum. Blows my mind every time I go

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Lori Dukat May 15, 2022

I live on the North Shore of Lake Superior in the US State of Minnesota.  It is beautiful there.  It is a place where people come from all over during the summer to visit.  So we feel fortunate to live here.  Our next vacation will be to Alaska.  My husband & I will enjoy seeing the wildlife & maybe doing some fishing.  I also have a cousin, who moved there several years ago, to visit!

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events