Welcome Wednesday: What would you be doing if money wasn't a concern?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2021

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

This is one of those fun question I used to enjoy asking in interviews.  I wasn't using it as a means to make sure that the person said they were passionate about the job we were hiring for.  I liked asking it to learn a bit more about what people were truly passionate about.

So my wonderful friends!  I'm going to ask this one to all of you.  If money was not a concern.  What would you be doing?  Working a dream job? Traveling the world (well maybe not just yet)? Turning a hobby into something more?

I'll get things started.  I'm very passionate about the Atlassian products.  I'm also very involved in the Extra Life community (i.e charity gaming for children's hospitals).  I believe if I money wasn't a concern I would spend more of my time using tools like Bitbucket, Trello & Confluence to help me raise even more funds for Extra Life.  There are definitely some extensions I would love to code and deploy via bitbucket, but I don't have a lot of free time to make much progress on them.

I'd love to hear what the rest of you would be doing in the comments!  Have a great rest of the week!

4 comments

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2021

In no particular order

• Spend a bit more time with family (mine is scattered mostly along the M4, M5 and M6 in the UK, and visits were infrequent before Covid because a lot of us work)
  • Tinker with computers
  • More travel, definitely.  And more leisurely - rather than fly to, say, Rome for a few days, we'd take trains to get there and back, and spend more time there.  And do a lot of "stop somewhere on the way through for a few days"
  • Tinker with computers
  • Rescue a puppy or dog
  • Something with computers
  • Go back to school, refresh the pre-tech skills I had and go back into counselling (as a volunteer).  Can be very stressful, but it's rewarding.
  • Maybe get into a bit more computery work?
Like # people like this
Maureen Grandzol June 30, 2021

I would buy a large piece of land and open a dog foster/rescue!

Or my own private island.

I would also donate a lot of money to animal rescues.

Like # people like this
Ellyn Caplan-Klein June 30, 2021

If earning money wasn't something I had to do then I would start to travel through parts of the US that I haven't seen yet. I would also take my daughters, my husband and my 2 grandkids to 

visit Europe with all of them. I would also take my family to Bermuda for a relaxing vaca. 

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2021

Thanks for another wonderful Wednesday post, @Jimmy Seddon !

If money and time were not the restricting factors, I would definitely like to travel all over US and Europe with my wife and 2 kids. My wife and daughter are more passionate about traveling than me. So, I would be more than happy to fulfill their wishes.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events