Welcome Wednesday: What was (still is) your favorite cereal as a kid?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2022

Hello Everyone,

I want to keep the theme from this week's Miscellaneous Monday going. If you haven't seen that post yet by @Andy Gladstone, go check it out and come back.

Growing up, as much as I watched many cartoons on Saturday morning, it was always complemented by a wide variety of kids cereal, many of which I saw on commercials while watching cartoons!

My question for you this week is what were some of your favorite cereal as a kid!

For myself it would be these four:

So how about yourself? Which cereal were you begging your parents to get based on the commercials you saw?

Have a great rest of the week everyone!

16 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2022
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2022

Thanks for the welcome. I ended up posting under a work account set up for cloud access. lol

Favourite cereal was anything with a toy inside it. But Sugar Puffs were the greatest

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2022

HAHA!  Ohh I agree with you there about the toys.  Though it was always a challenge to get to the toy before my younger sister ;)

Like Dwante.Jackson likes this
Dwante.Jackson March 23, 2022

Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids. 

Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro March 23, 2022

Hi @Jimmy Seddon 

Ohhh, pleasant, goooooood memories! 

My favorite cereal was from Mickey and Froot Loops, hahaha!

I couldn't live without it, buddy! 😃🥳😅😁

Canada - Post Mickey Mouse Magic Crunch cereal box - 1989 | Flickr 

Vintage 1989 CEREAL BOX Kellogg FROOT LOOPS Vanishing Paper | eBay | Cereal,  Kellogg, Pops cereal box

Have a lovely day!!!

🤗🤗

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2022

I never had the Mickey Mouse one!  But now I really want to try it!

Like # people like this

Wow @Jimmy Seddon 

You have no idea. As the name was, it was a real MAGIC Crunch with honey! 🤤🤤 🤗🤗

But I don't know if it still exists. 🤓 I would like to taste it again!

Like # people like this
PJ March 23, 2022

Thanks for the warm welcome @Jimmy Seddon can't go wrong with the classics!

Snag_1fd30a45.png

Like # people like this

Kellogg's is always a great idea too! 🥳🥳

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2022

This has been a staple for my mom as long as I can remember!

Like # people like this
Robert Pineres March 23, 2022

Corn Flakes were my favorite too!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2022

First a big welcome to all!

Well definitely not still my favorite thankfully!

666472EE-E45F-4040-9830-72E607AAF653.jpegD0F007E6-911E-4EF7-A41A-83DD7013459B.jpeg

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2022

I never could get into any of the "turn your milk chocolate" cereals.

Like Robert Pineres likes this
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2022

For me it was ..... 
chocos.jpg

Like # people like this
Ragan.Butler March 23, 2022

This one was the bomb.  You didn't even need milk!

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2022

@Jimmy Seddon thanks for the shout out! @Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro also should get credit.

I know this may be blasphemous, but I could never have cereal and milk together. Just the thought of soggy cereal is enough to make me gag. 

For some reason, even though my parents always had sweets in the house, we only ever had healthy cereals. My go-to was:

HNC.jpeg

Fun Fact - that OU symbol at the bottom (which looks like a Charlie Brown baseball) means it's kosher.

Fun Cereal Story - when we were about to get married I asked my future wife what she would like me to make sure is in the apartment as I had moved in a week prior to the wedding and was stocking it up. Her immediate response COCOA PUFFS! After being raised in a super-healthy family (no sugar products in the house) she was cuckoo for cocoa puffs! When we had our first breakfast together as a married couple she poured a big bowl, dumped in milk (yuck!) and savored that first bite. It's been almost 23 years and can still hear that first crunch!

Like # people like this

Hehehe, thank you, @Andy Gladstone

OMG, Cheerios is amazing! I'll need to buy one this weekend, LOL. You rock!

And wow, I loved your Fun Cereal Story! Kudos to your wife! Congrats!! 🙏🏽🥳

Honey = means "Mel" in Portuguese.

Cereal Matinal Cheerios Mel 270g - Nestlé - Cereal Matinal - Magazine Luiza

Cheers, buddies!

Like # people like this

I'm not into healthy cereals, but Honey Nut Cherrios with a diabetic coma amount of sugar, is ummmmmm good. 

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2022

Honey Nut Cheerios was a staple for me as well, but it wasn't as "fun"!

Joe Davey March 23, 2022

Ha! Thanks for this. It was, and is, Lucky Charms all the way! We sooo rarely got them though. I even remember a TMNT version that came with an awesome little plastic bowl.

https://www.mrbreakfast.com/cereal_detail.asp?id=370

Aaaah nostalgia.

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2022

Nice!  I saw Lucky Charms in the grocery store the other day and I couldn't believe how many "new" marshmallows there were.

Laurie Huth March 23, 2022

Kelloggs Cracklin' Oat Bran. My siblings and I used to refer to it as the 'Dog Food cereal' because it looked like dog food kibble. But it was good!

Like # people like this
Joe Davey March 23, 2022

Ha! My siblings and I called em dog treats too! They were so good though.

Fruity Pebbles & Cocoa Pebbles

Pebbles Cereal is now available at Canadian grocery stores | Dished

Cinnamon Toast Crunch 

Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Breakfast Cereal, Cinnamon Sugar Squares, 12 oz

Like # people like this

I love Cinnamon!!

Nice to know about this one!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2022

Great choices!

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2022

@Jimmy Seddon Amazing post, taking me back to the amazing memories of my childhood when I was into having cereal in the breakfast.

Though I was not much fond of having cereal (and I am still not) since I never feel full or satisfied after having them, but I still have some favorites as mentioned below, which I started trying/eating mainly because of the commercials:

1521563580-Kellogg's-Corn Flakes original-Front.jpg

honey-bunches-of-oats-honey-roasted.jpg

Like # people like this

Haven't had in forever, but Honey Bunches of Oats is bomb. 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2022

Same here!  I remember them being awesome!

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2022

I love so many it is hard to choose! If I had to though I would say the Halloween cereals! I looked forward to them coming out every year! 

5 Spooktacular Examples of Halloween Cereal Packaging - The Packaging  Company

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2022

I didn't realize how large the collection was!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2022

Radioactive porridge was about the only breakfast cereal I got a taste for as a kid. 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I had to Google that and I fear I am about to go down a Rabbit Hole!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2022

Stick to the Lyons and Weetabix references:

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2022

I'd have to go with Frosted Flakes, but they can't be soggy - the goal is to add the cereal and then pour enough milk to cover the bottom and maybe a tiny bit more.

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2022

And then eat them fast enough before they DO go soggy ;)

Like Kristin Lyons likes this
Evangeline Black March 23, 2022

This is nice post @Jimmy Seddon .

I never had cereals for breakfast as a child. My mum would make us a sandwich or cook some rice with milk. Sometimes with honey or sugar. Despite the variety of cereals available nowadays, I prefer porridge as cereals seems to leave me unsatisfied. However, if I had to choose...my vote would go to classics, Corn Flakes because you can add your favourite toppings and make it different each time. Yumm!!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2022

What you did get from breakfast sounds delicious!

Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck March 23, 2022

It's funny, I started thinking  about this and I can remember loads and loads of cartoons but no commercials. Maybe we didn't have as many or maybe I just blocked them out. 🤔

We didn't eat cereals much though. Oatmeal/porridge every morning. I think it was probably when dad wasn't home when we'd get to eat some "chicken food" 😂 Maybe some Cheerios, Corn Flakes, basic stuff. 

Now that I have my own family we don't really eat cereals either. I am a constant disappointment to my sons friends when they stay over 😂 Though they usually come around when I offer them peanut butter and jelly toast instead of cereal. 😋

I can tell you one thing, a lot of you would not have liked being around me eating cereal because I would usually put lots of milk and then wait patiently until it was soggy. I hate crunchy food and just thinking about Cocoa Puffs makes my mouth bleed 😂 

Actually, come to think of it, I like a lot of things soggy; cereal, toast, fries... 🤔

Like # people like this
Evangeline Black March 24, 2022

😂 I like soggy cereal too. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck March 24, 2022

😂

giphy

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events