Welcome Wednesday - What's your go-to TV/movie binge?

Kyren Wong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2020

Howdy y'all! I'm Kyren - so glad y'all are here with us and just to get y'all started and I'm here with a 'hump-day' 🐪  Welcome Wednesday. 

During this quarantine time, I've had plenty of TV shows and movies to rewatch and start. It's quite frankly one of the few things I enjoy relentlessly, I fangirl about the latest episode of Witcher, I rewatch Pride and Prejudice just to feel something. But enough about what I watch - tell me what's your go-to show/movie? 

Study Says That Binge-Watching TV Is Slowly Killing Us

I feel like your favorite TV universe says a lot about you! Are you a classic 'Friends' fiend, or a dystopian drama junkie into shows 'The Man in the High Castle' or 'Westworld'? Or perhaps you're into satirical adult animations like 'Rick and Morty' or 'Archer'. Well the list is filled with endless possibilities, that's for sure.

Don't be shy! 😆  Drop your favorite tv show and/or movie in the comments below. And tell me which character you'd be. Psyched to see which fandoms y'all are from 🤠

8 comments

Comment

Kyren Wong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2020

Hi hi! welcome to the community~ let us know your favorite shows to watch @Sonia Oommen 

Like Monique vdB likes this
Lauren Allen October 14, 2020

As a hopeless tv junkie I have so many!  Depending on my mood some of my go to's are:

• Firefly (no explanation needed!)
  • Hamilton (my new obsession)
  • The X-Files (when I'm feeling indulgent or need a confidence boost since I used to look like Scully when I was younger) 
  • 21 Jump St (for when I'm feeling really nostalgic!)
  • The West Wing (or any Arron Sorkin shows really)
  • Community (I finally watched this year and it's so great!)
  • Game of Thrones (yep, I'm still a fan)
  • Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist
  • Mad Men
  • Doctor Who
  • True Blood
  • Downton Abbey
  • Arrested Development
  • Black Books 
  • The Good Place
  • Dear White People
  • Hart of Dixie
  • Outlander
  • Star Trek  (TNG, Voyager, Discovery)
  • The DC set (Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Legends, Batwoman)
  • Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
  • Boston Legal
  • The Good Fight
Like # people like this
Kate C_
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 14, 2020

I LOVE that Black Books is on here!🙂  I always feel so healthy when comparing myself to Bernard 😆

Like # people like this
Kyren Wong
Atlassian Team
October 14, 2020

Oof what a list! The Good Place, Hamilton, Dear White People, and Agents of SHIELD  👀 I see you~

Like Lauren Allen likes this
Lauren Allen October 14, 2020

I had to stop listing and post it but I kept thinking of more that I love.  I think that represents a good cross-section of my go to shows though  :) 

Matyáš Vondra October 15, 2020

Hello! I know I am going to sound boring, but even though there are so many great shows I liked, the one I always return to is The Simpsons :D 

Like # people like this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2020

Hi @Matyáš Vondra 

Welcome to the Community!

I love The Simpsons - always takes me back to my childhood.  Even now there are jokes I missed the first time round

Like # people like this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2020

Current go to is Modern Family - only on the start of Season 4, but loving it so far.

Friends is always a go to as well.  Just any comedy really!

Like # people like this
Ólöf Kristjánsdóttir {Tempo}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 19, 2020

Currently into Nordic crime shows like Boardertown and The Bridge (can recommend some Icelandic crime shows as well ;) ). But I love going back to shows like Mad Men and Stranger Things. Always great to re-live great quality TV shows when the mind needs a break from reality.

@Lauren Allen - some excellent recommendations on that list!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 19, 2020

My comfort watches:

• The Office (both US and UK, but specific episodes of each)
  • Jane Austen adaptations 
  • Christopher Guest mockumentaries
  • Sex and the City
  • Julie & Julia
  • The Martian
  • yes, as a Gen X-er, Friends
  • Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

I haven't re-watched The Good Place yet but I love that show, great idea @Lauren Allen !

Like # people like this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2020

Harry Potter, Lord of The Rings, Ramayana, Mahabharat - I can watch these anytime

Like Kyren Wong likes this
Kyren Wong
Atlassian Team
November 2, 2020

Ooof Lord of the Rings, what a classic! 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events