Welcome Wednesday: What's your favorite part of the Online Community?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2022

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

Every week, we use this post to welcome all of the new people that have joined the community within the past week.

And, every week with have a fun question to treat this as a "community" to try and get to know one another.

This week, I'd like for you to help the newer members get started, but sharing some of the great places for them to check out in the community.

So, my question for you this week, What should someone new to the community check out?

I'm a little biased and I'm going to start by suggesting that you check out the rest of the Welcome Center!  You will find featured posts for the community guidelines as well as a number of regular posts to so off some of the best of the best going on in the community monthly!

Alright veterans!  Where are your thoughts? What things do you think new members should get involved in?

Have a great rest of the week!

6 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2022
Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2022

My favorite part about the community is Kudos! Kudos helps you find the deep hidden places on the community and helps to get you engaged in numerous activities. The other thing I like about it is that you can show some love to others in the community for writing great content or just because!

If I was new, I would start here at the Groups page and see what interests you. Join some groups and get started today! This is a great community! 

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2022

Nice post, @Jimmy Seddon

I would suggest any new Community members/leaders to join & check out the below "Featured Groups" and "Product Groups" for getting on top of the new technical and fun stuff going in the Community daily and to familiarize themselves with the Atlassian products they want to learn as well as the with the Community:

Featured Groups:

• Welcome Center
  • Teamwork Lab
  • Training & Certification

Product Groups:

• New to Jira
  • New to Confluence
  • New to Jira Service Management
  • New to Jira Work Management
  • Data Center

Have a great Wednesday and the rest of the week, everyone!

Like # people like this
Maureen Carroll June 29, 2022

I am intending to reply to the discussion of what we would recommend new comers check out. I highly recommend checking out the numerous Employee Relations Groups that exist. After I got my legs under me in my role I joined a couple ERGs and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. It not only places me in forums with people I have common interests/concerns with, but it has been a great way to meet a lot of people across the organization. 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2022

Welcome newcomers! 

My suggestion is to follow two tags that will help you discover the personalities behind the community team members and leaders.

Miscellaneous Monday 

Friday Fun 

These both fall into the off-topic tag group, but are fun places to get to know your fellow community members better.

Like # people like this
Keith Carey July 24, 2022

I am glad to see this topic as a newbie, I find the Atlassian site layout confusing and hard to navigate. So, suggestions of where to start are appreciated.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events