Welcome Wednesday: What's your favorite Olympic Sport?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2021

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to yet another Wonderful Wednesday!

If you haven't heard already, The Community Atlympics will have the opening ceremonies starting this Friday, July 23rd.

If you aren't already signed up, head on over to this post here for more details on how to get started. There will be a ton of fun for everyone, so I hope to see you there!

In the spirit of the Olympics, I thought this week I would ask what your favorite Olympic event is. It could be a summer Olympic event, a winter event, or one of each.

For me personally, I tend to enjoy the winter events more than the summer ones. So, one of my favorite events to watch is the biathlon. I think I enjoy it because it involves competitors being proficient in more than one skill.

If I had to pick a summer games sport, I think it would be Judo. I enjoy that there is a lot of patience and waiting for the right opportunity.

I'd love to hear more about what the rest of you are excited to see. Let me know down below in the comments.

Have a great rest of the week!

10 comments

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2021

It's definitely Track and Field for me. I as on the track team in high school so I am partial to those events. But I like a lot of the sports. I don't watch much any more because they have become too political and the coverage is less and less of the competition and more stories instead. 

Like # people like this
Marianne Uribe July 21, 2021

Women's swimming!

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2021

Track & Field events, specifically the "100 meter" and "200 meter" races. I love the energy and speed that those guys show at the field. They make you feel so excited till the last moment.

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 21, 2021

I prefer winter Olympics and love figure skating the most (I went to the U.S. Championships a couple of years back and it was SO fun. I got to see Brian Boitano in person and everything.). For summer olympics I love diving! 

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2021

I've always been drawn to shot put, spear throwing (javelin), and pole vault.

Hurcus Ibrahim July 21, 2021

Track and field - the speed that Olympians reach is phenomenal.

Strength related sports like weightlifting and gymnastics - the strength of the athletes is inspiring. The training that they need to do to get to that stage is extreme and admirable.

Water related sports including swimming and diving.

Normally I don't care about sports, but the Olympics is different when you have people from all over the world competing in something they enjoy doing. 

Is Rollerblading an Olympic sport yet 🤣 ?

Like # people like this
Peter Lee July 21, 2021

For me and my wife, besides the obvious Table Tennis (being Singaporeans), we love to watch the Diving events!

Like # people like this
Alex
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2021

No description needed! LOL

Like # people like this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2021

I prefer the Paralympics, but out of the main sports my favourite summer one is either athletics (I know that's an area not an individual sport) or swimming.  For the winter games I have a soft spot for curling (GB got an unexpected medal a few years ago and the whole nation seemed to be watching)

Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2021

Bouldering/Sport Climbing 🧗

I'm so excited that it is an Olympic sport.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events