Welcome Wednesday: What's on your desk?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

We are a couple of weeks into 2021 and I know that I personally am still in lockdown with orders to stay at home as much as possible.  When I was at the office I was one of those people with a bunch of toys on my desk.

At home I have a shelf behind me that has a bunch of my toys.

20210113_111557.jpg

My question for you this week, is what do you have on your desk?  You can simply tell us or share pictures if you are comfortable doing that.

Have a great rest of the week!

21 comments

Comment

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021
Like # people like this
Raw byroque January 13, 2021

Thank you!! Happy New year to all! I actually have a concern (I have tickets it to customer service) regarding my Trello Cards. Where would it be best for me to post this and seek for solutions? :)

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2021

Hi @Raw byroque,

I'd recommend posting a new question in the Trello Product Collection.

I'm sure someone there will be more than happy to help!

-Jimmy

Like Erica Moss likes this
Raw byroque January 13, 2021

Sounds good! Did that just now! Thank you!

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2021

Hi everyone!

Welcome to the community & welcome center group!

Just Learn, Share, Solve & Enjoy!

So, right now I have a pen, a notebook & a water bottle on my desk! I prefer a clean desk while working but sometimes it's not possible! 😋

Regards,

Soumyadeep

Like Bella Jolie likes this
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2021

Hi @Jimmy Seddon 

I also like to have things on my desk, I usually have a guillotine that my husband gave me My little yoda, my tazmanian devil.

I'm excited to have my desk decorated, I think it makes it more personal

Happy wednesday

Cheers 

amigos.jpg

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 15, 2021

@Vero Rivas not sure I expected the answer of "a guillotine" 😂

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2021

That's an interesting post!

For me, I have a couple of new books lying on my desk at home, which I have yet to start reading in 2021 :-)

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2021

Just random souvenirs and picture...

temp.jpg

Like # people like this
StephanieC January 13, 2021

This is my Home office (work side, I also have a school side and a Personal Business side). We are semi-permanently WFH long term so I took some of my stimulus check to build it out. The desk I built myself. & is an upcycled 1895 Steinway flat-top piano.  desk.jpg

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 15, 2021

@StephanieC wow this is amazing, a piano!?? I love your whiteboard and the butterfly hanging thingy too. I definitely have home office envy (my home office is a chair). 

Like StephanieC likes this
Paul Martinez January 13, 2021

What a fun idea!

IMG_3571.png

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2021

desk.jpg

Some books, Cloudie! and some items from various travels: Elephant from India, porcelain lid to bowl from Greece, chess set from Boliva, wooden chest from Rwanda, shells from the Red Sea, beads also from India. And then a used game puck from a Nashville Predators game. 

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2021

Hey @John Funk  I wanna see the top part of the "using Jira" picture :)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2021

Gojira.png

Feel free to snag it.  :-)

Like # people like this
elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2021

IMG_4236.jpgIMG_4237.jpgMy desk is a mess! I am squeezed into a tiny place and my desk serves multiple duties :)

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2021

@elizabeth_jones I spy Warby Parkers! They're my fave. 🤓

elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2021

Yes! They've been all I wear since I discovered them. I tend to keep my eye glasses entirely too long, so I'm on my third pair of Warby's since early 2010's I think? Highly recommend them :)

Like Erica Moss likes this
T Chambers January 13, 2021

Here is my cube wall. I use it as my virtual background. The calendar is frozen in time to the day I began working from home during the pandemic.

cube wall 20200612_113723.jpg

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
January 15, 2021

@T Chambers hopefully you'll get to go back soon(ish). 

Like T Chambers likes this
T Chambers January 15, 2021

@Monique vdB it's all good. The rest of the story is that our HQ building is now shared with USA Archery and USA Fencing. I gave up my cube in support of that change. I'd rather stay remote and only go to HQ for occasional f2f meetings. I am 100% happier and arguable more productive in my home office. I'll make a note to myself to take a picture after I clean it up.

Joshua Mathews January 13, 2021

The essential C's are all you need!  Computers, chargers, caffeine!

20210113_150916b.jpg

Like # people like this
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2021

I'm currently using my dining room table as a desk (it's easier for me to watch my son), and it's SO cluttered with everything but nothing fun.  A bunch of books, wires, coloring pencils.

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
January 15, 2021

@Kristin Lyons you're in good company. My daughter finally went back to school this week (they are being extremely safe) and it's such a relief.  How old is your son?

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 18, 2021

Just turned 1 last week!

carrie_eandm
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2021

With the pandemic, our management staff asked for employees to remove all personal items from their work desks - so at the moment, it’s only the computer, a coaster and keyboard/mouse. Easier to wipe down, but it’s very bland. I am looking forward to bringing back my plants and photos!

Like # people like this
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2021

OK @Jimmy Seddon I thought I will share the photo of my desk, but I'm ashamed when I see others photos :D. Did you expect such reaction? But you know what? I will clean it and reorganize it and will share it later :).

Like # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2021

That's the entire plan behind Jimmy's topic, to make people be more organized :D

Like # people like this
Paul Martinez January 14, 2021

Hence the 4 inch by 4 inch picture of mine. :D

Like # people like this
Joshua Mathews January 14, 2021

To the left of where my LCD ends is the clutter.  :)  

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2021

It was quite challenging but...

before:

IMG_20210115_142536.jpg

after:

IMG_20210115_145517.jpg

@Jimmy Seddon you did a great job, my wife would be surprised (I will not show her or she will force me to clean my desk at home):D

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2021

LOL!! Honestly the before doesn't look that bad.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
January 15, 2021

@Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ I just think you need some artwork or pictures on the wall!

(This may be because I have like twice as much art as could fit on the walls of my house. I might have an art problem.) 

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 16, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon maybe I could share your comment with my wife :D

@Monique vdB you are right, it is too boring. I ordered some sticky board (blue with clouds) and I will try to put there some photos, or pictures... great idea :)

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon I am to embarrassed to post an image of my desk because it is such a mess right now.    I am happy to report back that this weekend I will be cleaning it up.  Thanks for the motivation.

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2021

All I have on my desk is a computer, a couple of keyboards and mice and a monitor.   I often add a cup of tea and a notepad when I'm working there, but it's not very interesting.

Oh.  And a cat.  There's usually a cat on it with me.

Like # people like this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2021

My desk contains

notebook, 2 displays, mouse, keyboard, headset & other things for my homeoffice

clock

my new cloudie

Like # people like this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 16, 2021

My desk contains:

1. Laptop

2. A4 papers

3. Many stickers

4. 2 phones

5. and time to time I have a newspaper or magazine :) 

And I have morning desk is bed with cat:

image.png

Like # people like this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 18, 2021

My 'desk' is currently the kitchen table!

I'm surrounded by food all day, this is not good!  I am adjacent to the kettle though so it's not all bad

Like # people like this
Vinod Ramadoss
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2021

My desk is full of connecting cords and wires, I many times get the feel am located in a data server room :)

Like # people like this
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2021

My Desk is filled with a lot of stuffs 😁 ( Water bottle, Clock, Book, Sticky note, Laptop stand, Extended monitor, Docking for Mac, Modem, External Keyboard, External trackpad, External Mic set up and External headphones) 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events