Welcome Wednesday: What's left to do this summer?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2021

Hello Everyone!

It's Wednesday, and you know what that means!

My birthday is coming up this weekend, which is usually the first sign to me that summer is coming to an end in the Northern Hemisphere.

My question to everyone this week is: Have to done everything you wanted to this summer? and if not, what is still on your list to do before the weather starts changing?

For me personally, my friends and I have all been very busy and we really apricate the fact that virtual communication allows us to get together weekly when we otherwise would not be able to. One of my friends lives outside the city limits in the country and we want to get together to sit around his fire pit for an evening. In my opinion, nothing is more relaxing than that.

I'd love to hear what everyone else still wants to do before the colder weather approaches in the comments below!

Have a great rest of the week!

6 comments

Comment

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2021

yay for August birthdays...Mine is tomorrow!

my goals for the summer were limited this year for various reasons. however I do plan to take a trip back to the beach next month.

Car Driving GIF by PLAYMOBIL

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 18, 2021

Happy Early Birthday Jack!

The beach is one place I have not been able to get to this summer and I don't know that I will.

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Sharon Tan
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 19, 2021

Happy early birthday, @Jack Brickey !!

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon - Happy Birthday in advance. I hope you would have a blast this weekend. 

We had some trips - like day and weekend trips this summer after vaccination and followed all the social distancing norms and avoided some of favourite destinations.

We had plans to go for mountains but lets see if weather and conditions permit.

Cheers

Suvradip

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 18, 2021

I live in a area that doesn't have any mountains though I'm regularly jealous of the pictures I see of others doing mountain hikes.

Like Suvradip Paul likes this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 18, 2021

Well, climb more mountains! I did this one last Saturday morning with a friend:

20210814_062138.jpg20210814_063442.jpgIMG_3032.jpgIMG_3028.jpg

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 18, 2021

Ups, sideways...

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 18, 2021

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen this is exactly what I'm talking about!  I love the pictures and I would love to live closer to some mountains, but such is life.

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 18, 2021

We are really blessed to live so close to the Rocky Mountains. It only took us 45 min to get to the trail head from my home!

Sharon Tan
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 19, 2021

Happy early birthday, @Jimmy Seddon !! Summer is my favorite season, so the end of summer is always a little bittersweet for me. I have yet to visit Barton Springs yet this summer, and I've been really enjoying rollerskating and one of my summer goals was to learn how to slide down a rail. A pretty ambitious goal, but we'll see if that ends up happening!!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 19, 2021

That sounds awesome @Sharon Tan!  Good luck!

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2021

Wish you a belated happy birthday, @Jimmy Seddon !

I haven't still been to any sea beach or lake beach this summer due to my newly born kid. Now when he is already 3 months and I have moved to a US state with no sea beaches, I am planning to visit a lake beach at least before the summer ends.

By the way, my birthday is also in August on 29th. It is good to know that we share the same birthday month.

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2021

Thank you @Taranjeet Singh!  Also, Happy Early Birthday to you!  I hope you will be able to get to the beach, good luck!

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2021

Thank you, @Jimmy Seddon !

Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2021

I still need to visit the beach club that opened up this summer. 🏖️

When the weather was good I had other commitments and when I wanted to go the beach club  it was closed due to bad weather. Still hoping for a free day or weekend with sunshine to enjoy a cocktail. 🍹

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events