Welcome Wednesday: What is your favorite Atlassian Ecosystem App?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2022

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

We are in the middle of "Apptoberfest" in the online Community, and on the heels of Canadian Thanksgiving, all of the Canadian Community events chapters are banding together for a combined "Apps-giving" event happening later this afternoon. (more details about that event can be found here: https://ace.atlassian.com/

With a focus on showing love to the Marketplace apps that extend the base functionality of your favorite Atlassian products, my question for you all this week is: Which on is your favorite?

Personally, I have two that our company uses (it's also worth noting that we don't use very many apps in the first place.)

1) Issue Checklist Pro for Jira.  This has become a regular part of our release preparations. (and the support team is fantastic).

2) Gliffy diagrams for Confluence.  I don't use these personally, but we have a number of teams that use this in conjunction with documentation stored in Confluence (and I'm not just talking about our development teams).

I'd love to hear from all of you in the comments.  If you are a Marketplace vendor, I'd like you to share an app you love that your company didn't make.  

I hope you all have a great rest of the week!

9 comments

Comment

Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2022

Gliffian + Confluence fanatic here. :) 

Aside from my favorite diagramming tool, I think some of the smartest and best apps for Confluence are those that make keeping information organized and digestible easier. Space Tools Pro is great for teams who need to wrangle an unorganized instance and maintaining a clear hierarchical structure. 

With how my team is currently using Confluence, I would love to be able to get a macro that enhances the functionality of tables, too — we haven't tried any yet but special nods to Advanced Tables for Confluence and Smart Tables for Confluence, as those would be on my request list!

Samie

Like # people like this
Alex Dolara
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 19, 2022

Hi Samie,

Glad to hear that you want to try Advanced Tables. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I work as a Product Manager in this app at AppFire so every feedback will be great.

Alex

Like Gorka Puente _Appfire_ likes this
Wojciech Wardaszko _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2022

@Jimmy Seddon 
As the leader of our Support Operations at HeroCoders I want to sincerely thank you for your kind words about the people supporting Issue Checklist Pro. I will make sure the team knows they are appreciated!

Like # people like this
Giovanni Schiano-Moriello October 12, 2022

Jira Portfolio / Advanced Roadmaps (if that still counts)

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
David Wuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2022

JMWE hands down my favorite app

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2022

Questions for Confluence

Craig Willson _AppFox_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2022

We’re spoilt for choice with the Marketplace, so its difficult to choose just one.... here are some that make a big difference to me 😊 

Jira:

• JXL - when planning and phasing work in Jira, it took quite a while in Advanced Roadmaps due to the sheer volume of epics, issues, and sub-tasks. The spreadsheet-like functionality in JXL has been game-changing and definitely saved me hours of time every month that I can spend elsewhere
  • Custom Charts - helps us go beyond the native Jira gadgets and create the exact dashboard reports our teams need so we can dive straight into the detail and focus on what matters. It’s really easy to set up, and I personally love how you can customise and group data points in seconds. 
  • Elements Copy & Sync - keeps our product roadmap in harmony (sync 😉) and removes the need for our team to update Jira issues across multiple projects. It brings peace of mind and less duplication, that’s for sure.

Confluence: 

• Scroll Viewport - who doesn’t need good-looking documentation? We’ve been using Scroll Viewport for over a year now, and it completely changed the look and feel of our documentation, plus enabled our customers to find the information they are looking for quickly and easily
Like # people like this
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 18, 2022

Hey! 

We use Scroll Viewport for our documentation too! Apart from that one, and not from our own portfolio, I'd say Projectrak to be able to add interesting metadata to our projects 🔥

Like # people like this
Leo Diaz _ DEISER
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 19, 2022

Interesting question after 15 years using and administrating Jira and Confluence, my favorites have changed over time!  🕚

• Projectrak for Jira: 😜 It is my product... But is there any other way to manage projects in Jira? 
  • Elements Connect: Get external data into Jira 🪐
  • Dashboard Hub: The best way to share dashboards with anonymous users 😶
  • draw.io Diagrams for Jira: To co-create diagramming inside Confluence ✍🏼
  • Any checklist app: Less sub-task, less management but same control ✅
Like # people like this
Alex Dolara
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2022

Hi Leo, 

What about whiteboards? Do you have a chance to try it? 

Bye,
Alex

Johanna Pichotka_APTIS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 21, 2022

As a Marketplace Partner I won't choose our own product Epic Sum Up even though it's definitely the app that I use the most. But here are some other apps I really to work with: 

Jira Apps: 

• Email this Issue: to send emails from customer projects and log them as comment
  • The Scheduler: to automate the creation of monthly tasks
  • Tempo Timesheets: for keeping an overview over my worklogs 
  • Tempo Planner: for getting an overview of vacation plans 

Confluence Apps:

• Scroll Viewport: creating customer documentation
  • Scroll Documents: to create versions for our product documentation 
Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events