Welcome Wednesday: What is/was your most exciting announcement from Team '23?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

For those that know me, you probably saw this question coming from a mile away.  Team '23 wrapped up last week and it was absolutely amazing.  In addition, the on demand versions of a number of sessions were made available yesterday.

Now that everyone should be up to speed.  There were some monumental items announced.  From Jira Product Discovery, to Confluence Whiteboards to Compass pricing and let's not forget the general availability of Atlassian Analytics.  Did I miss something? Oh right, the foot note about Atlassian Intelligence ;)

So, out of everything that was revealed, what are you looking forward to the most, or what are you most likely to start investigating/implementing first?

Personally, while I'm interested to see where Atlassian Intelligence goes, my company will likely be adopting Compass and Confluence Whiteboards long before anything else.

How about you?  Let me know in the comments below.

Have a great rest of the week!

23 comments

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

Certainly it was the Atlassian Intelligence (especially related to JQL!). 

Then the Confluence Whiteboards.

Really cool stuff!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2023

Yeah Confluence Whiteboards caught me by surprise.  I think I was under a rock for a while but I'm really looking forward to them.  Atlassian Intelligence has me equal parts excited and terrified.  I think it will be capable of really great things, but we also need to make sure that we don't abuse it.

Like # people like this
Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2023

Kind of like you, Jimmy, I think my team will be diving into whiteboards faster than any of the other features. It seemed like there was a lot of excitement at the event over the whiteboarding features, too!

But, I'm most likely to have an hours-long conversation about AI. 😉

Like # people like this
Collista Lewingdon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2023

I unfortunately was unable to attend the event this year. BUT.......the announcement about Whiteboard in Confluence has be super EXCITED!!!! Our organization took Miro off the table recently due to privacy concerns so I eagerly searching for  replacement and signed us up for the EAP for the Whiteboards. 

Like # people like this
Lewis Tanguhwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2023

It has to be related to Atlassian Intelligence.

I am yet to do my own deep diving afterward but it was fascinating and I was never expecting that before now.

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2023

@Collista Lewingdon very interesting, our company has had similar concerns with Miro, which is why there is limited data "allowed" to be stored in Miro, this might be the solution for us as well.

Like Lewis Tanguhwar likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2023

@Lewis Tanguhwar agreed.  There is a lot to digest with Intelligence being incorporated into every Atlassian product.

Like Lewis Tanguhwar likes this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2023

Personally, it was "Atlassian Intelligence" for me and I would like to see or deep dive into it (when I get a chance) to see what it is all about and what capabilities it can provide to assist in my work or users' work.

Then, it was "Confluence Whiteboards", which seems a very useful addition to the capabilities of Confluence and Jira integration.

Have a great rest of the week everyone!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2023

I think one thing I'm looking forward to with A.I, is (hopefully) a reduction in the number of requests to help users build JQL queries!

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2023

We as a company will be taking advantage of Confluence Whiteboards first. My IT team has been looking into procuring Miro and Mural for quite some time now and when they announced Confluence Whiteboards our minds were made up and that is the direction we will be going in. It looks like it has 75% of the capabilities we need and I'm sure over time it will only get better! Atlassian Intelligence is the next one up, but we will have to see how that goes. Thanks for the great question @Jimmy Seddon!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2023

I love that everyone I have spoken to about Whiteboards seems to agree that this will be a helpful, lo friction adoption!

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2023

I was unable to attend but.... "Confluence Whiteboards", sounds interesting. I am unable to use Miro, so this is exciting!

Like # people like this
Carlotta Kuhn April 26, 2023

I'm excited to try out Atlassian Intelligence (just like many others). AI is such a hot topic everywhere and being able to use it in Confluence directly is going to be a game changer. Can't wait to play around with the different features.

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2023

I’ll go off reservation here and say that my highlight was Confluence Whiteboards Databases. Don’t get me wrong, I think Whiteboards will be great (and I’m already in the EAP) but Databases will be a game changer. I’ve salivated over Orderly Databases for a few years, I’m happy they’ll now be a part of my Confluence subscription so we can start unleashing their power!

Like # people like this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2023

I looked a bit more into how confluence databases (orderly) work and I'm really hyped about that! With AI on top of that Confluence just run over Notion 🙌

Wes Farnsworth June 29, 2023

Any news on when the database tool will be rolled out? I heard July or August as a potential date at Team 23 but I'm hoping its been nailed down a bit more! 

Mark Cruth
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2023

I heard the new Team Shaping / Ways of Working material was AMAZING 😉

I'm also really excited about Confluence Whiteboards and the integration capabilities!

Like # people like this
Dave Wuensch _Decadis AG_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2023

I am looking forward to Atlassian Intelligence and Confluence Whiteboards. I was in Las Vegas and it sounds pretty amazing. Can't wait.

Like # people like this
Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 28, 2023

I've already joined the waitlists for Atlassian Intelligence and Confluence Whiteboards! I can't wait to see those in action.

Like # people like this
Michele Toscani _Decadis AG_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2023

For me, Confluence Whiteboard will be a great addition to Confluence! A significant boost to team collaboration 

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Brian Trepto
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2023

Definitely Atlassian AI! 🧠

Sanjog Sigdel
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2023

I enjoyed the updates in Confluence. Now I can include my team standup updates in Confluence with its newly released templates.

Renee Niewald April 28, 2023

Definitely Atlassian Intelligence as many have mentioned. So many of our folks don't know how powerful JQL is and now they won't have to! Also using the AI to capture stream of notes into action items and summary could be useful. 

Nicole Pomponio April 28, 2023

I am looking forward to the Whiteboard feature and the Intelligence feature!

Lenora May 1, 2023

Looking forward to a future of participation!

Mike west May 1, 2023

Sanjog Sigdel
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2023

I enjoyed the updates in Confluence. Now I can include my team standup updates in Confluence with its newly released templates.

JM Perrot
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2023

I can't wait to test the whiteboard feature in Confluence

Diksha Ramteke May 3, 2023

I have just started using Confluence, and it has always excited me. Now that everyone is talking about whiteboard feature, I am more excited!

Abhinav Shilwant May 4, 2023

Happy Wednesday 

Philip Kroos - TEAM XALT May 5, 2023

Intelligence for sure - I'm really curious if anyone already has access?

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2023

Atlassian Intelligence! I just can't wait to get my hands on that! 🤖 Writing Confluence pages and Jira Stories will be a breeze 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events