Welcome Wednesday: What is/was your favorite candy?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2021

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

I'm in the middle of Hackathon week at work.  My awesome company sent out a care package that included: a container of gummies, a chocolate bar and some pepperoni sticks (as well as an awesome t-shirt)!

20211013_121628.jpg

This got me thinking about some of my favorite candies when I was younger (i don't eat them much now).

One of my absolute favorites was Cherry Blasters:

Sour-Cherry-Blasters.jpg

Were you a candy, chocolate or chips person when you were younger?  I'd love for you to tell me in the comments.

Have a great rest of the week everyone!

14 comments

Comment

Kerri Shirey October 13, 2021

Utz Potato Chips!

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2021

I'm not familiar with the Utz brand but they do look very similar to Lay's.  Likely same thing different country :D

Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro October 13, 2021

Hi @Jimmy Seddon

I was a chocolate person. And my favorite was LANCY with cocoa and hazelnut. I don't know how many times I ate this one! But, a lot of times, for sure.

And the fun is that nowadays I usually eat a bar of chocolate with 90g in 1 month or more.

Excellent topic; thanks for the interaction today!

Cheers! 😃🤩👏🍫

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 14.04.40.png

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2021

Ok I have never had one of those, but it sounds delicious!  I'm going to have to see if I can find it (or an equivalent)!

Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro October 13, 2021

Hi @Jimmy Seddon

I highly recommend this experience to you!

See here where you can find Lancy on Amazon

Let me know when you prove this one!

Cheers, 😃👏🙏🍫💪

Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2021

Chips all the way! I think I'm always craving salt.

When I didn't have anything after school, I would grab a bag of Fritos and watch the VH1 video countdown and text my friends on my super-cool full-keyboard LG rumor.

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2021

I was always a fan of Ruffles Sour Cream and Onion, but it had to be Ruffles.  I didn't watch VH1... but I had friends that did.

Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
October 13, 2021

Never met a potato I didnt like. Smiths chicken for me!

Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck October 13, 2021

I used to love Lion Bar but it doesn't taste the same any more :(

A similar thing I still love is Tunnock's Caramel Wafer. 

caramel.jpg

Otherwise I mostly just eat dark chocolate (preferably not under 70%). 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2021

I love caramel!

Like # people like this
Jose Osorio October 13, 2021

Gummies are awesome. Dots have always been a fave.

Chocolate? Goldberg Peanut Chews. Love places that sell old-timely candy like oldtimecandy.com 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2021

I did not know there was an entire site devoted to this (though I should have).

Gratefully, some Old Timey Candy Never Dies.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2021

I have a few favorites that change out depending on my mood that week. But a mainstay is Tootsie Rolls!

TootsieRollInBowl_Lead.jpg

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2021

Those are all yours @John Funk! I was never much of a fan of them.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2021

Those would make some good Atlassian swag   :-)

Like Jose Osorio likes this
Jose Osorio October 14, 2021

I see what you did there. Great idea! It would be so nice if Atlassian sent Wondrium a Costco-sized shipment of Tootsies. But ALL colors too.

Hey wait. Wasn't the question about candy? How did potato chips get in here? :)

Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
October 13, 2021

Probably because if you eat anything but plain salt ones, they are full of sugar! 🤣

Like Jose Osorio likes this
Franz Holzinger October 13, 2021

As I child we had visitors from Germany who brought us the chocolate which I liked the most: Kinderschokolade.
This was not available in the shops of Austria. 

And I also liked the Stollwerck candies which had a very good taste. 

Like # people like this
Wendell T Betts October 13, 2021

Pop Rocks

A few other 70's things I still Like!

2021-10-13_15-59-02.jpgSquirrel Lasagna.jpgCrawfish Boil.jpgHappy Pills.jpg

Like # people like this
Solutions Partner
October 13, 2021

Cant go past pop rocks!

FAN. Its never boring with Pop Rocks in your jaw. Wash it down with a Coke!

Solutions Partner
October 13, 2021

We had this coloured "licorice" when I was in primary school. The school shop went through who knows how many hundreds of boxes a week, because just about everyone had some most days. It was a gelatine / gummy type thing, sticks about 10cm long, that had strips you could pull off. The most popular was the red one - a sort of pretend raspberry flavour - but they had green, yellow and blue as well... maybe orange?

Cant have been very good for us, but we could not get enough. Sadly I haven't seen it since I left primary school. Cant even find pictures of it.

Like # people like this
Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck October 14, 2021

I appreciate that you said "liquorice". As a lover of liquorice proper (the awful black stuff :þ) people calling this kind of gummy liquorice gets on my nerves :þ 

Linda,

This sounds a lot like Twizzlers.

https://www.hersheyland.com/twizzlers/about 

Originally red or black rods, but later with the peel off strips you mentioned in various flavors. Hope this helps.

Solutions Partner
October 14, 2021

Sort of, but not the same thing. They only had 3 tubes that you could peel off, the strips were quite distinct. And I think twizzlers are harder than ours were, and they weren't twisted either. The closest thing you can get now is from Darrell Lea - an Australian lolly shop.

licorice.jpg

@Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck  I agree about licorice. I love the real thing.

Bihan Hu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2021

This one these days, anyone with me?

Here's How To Make The Squid Game Cookie So You Can Try The Game Out For  Yourself W/O Dying

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2021

@Bihan Hu I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at?  Can you elaborate please?

IS that a CRACKER? Are we going from candy to chips to CRACKERS? Crackers aren't candy. Guess we should have defined that up front with chips too.

Bihan Hu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2021

Hiiii @Jimmy Seddon 

It's a candy (called Dalgona) game from Squid game ( on Netflix series), the rule of this game is everyone will randomly get one candy box but they have different shape on it, and you have to use a niddle to pull them out, if you failed, the watcher will kill you. people have been crazy about watching and playing this game. I also organising this game as our next team event too!

you will like it if you check here!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W_dF32DglY
Bihan Hu
Atlassian Team
October 14, 2021

Hey @Jose Osorio  or @Jose Osorio

IT IS definitely a candy called Dalgona from my childhood and the one in the picture is a candy game from a quite popular Netflix series - Squid game recently. I got same question like you (what is that?) when I first saw it but then I got obsessed with the CANDY and the game now!! 

Check this out, hope you will like it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W_dF32DglY

Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
October 14, 2021

I'm team chocolate forever, and it would be this one:

Chocolate de leche Savoy 30 g

Like # people like this
clstewar October 14, 2021

Anything Chocolate & Peanut Butter -- so if I had to narrow it down, Reese's. <3

REESE'S Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, 1.5 oz - Front of Package

Like # people like this
Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
October 14, 2021

#TeamChocolate over here as well @clstewar 
giphy-downsized

Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro October 14, 2021

🤩🤩🤩🍫🍫🍫

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2021

Thanks for this wonderful post as always, @Jimmy Seddon !

When I was a kid, I was a huge fan of chips, chocolates and candies. Below are a few of them I liked more:

- Uncle Chipps

91qt33DwQqL._SL1500_.jpg

- Nestle Milkybar

s-l400.jpg

- Cadbury Dairy Milk Crackle:

61bKc0+bgjL._SL1500_.jpg

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events