Welcome Wednesday: What do you wish you knew more about with the Atlassian Products?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2022

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to another wonderful Wednesday! I've been happy that things are warming up and the snow has been melting in my part of the world, I hope things are going well for all of you.

Atlassian has done a great job of release a ton of new features recently for a number of different products. My question for everyone this week:
What Atlassian product or feature do you wish you knew more about? This doesn't have to be limited to new features it might be something that has existed for years but you have never really had the chance to work with it.

For me, Atlassian has been releasing new features for Jira Service Management faster than I can keep up. While I have a pretty good handle on Forms & Conversational Ticketing (which is in Early Access), I'm still struggling to help my team find our feet with Insight. I have been reading as much of the documentation as I can to try and figure out the "best" way for our team to track our lab assets but we aren't 100% happy with it yet.

I'd love to hear what you are itching to learn more about. Please let me know in the comments below!

Have a great rest of the week!

8 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2022
Like # people like this
Gabriel Chifu March 16, 2022

Hey @Jimmy Seddon ,

I wonder if my question reach your team, I don`t know If I posted on the right tags. How long it usually takes to receive an answer?

If I send an email to an external partner then my coworkers cannot see in Jira to whom that email was sent. Is any setting that allows Jira to put the email header in comments (to and cc), this is the default option in OTRS.

Amanda Quinn March 16, 2022

Hi @Jimmy Seddon!

I've actually been around a while on my work account, but just set up a personal one to play with the cloud version of Confluence. I'm really looking forward to learning more about it and having the freedom to do whatever I want with it instead of asking for IT to install all the cool stuff! :-)

Confluence and Jira have been a huge game-changer for my company and my job specifically, so I pretty much want to learn everything there is to know about it.

Like # people like this
Ron Kaledas March 16, 2022

I wish I knew how to edit the sidebar in Confluence!  I just can't seem to find anything on how to do that...(see my one and only post about this).

And thanks!

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2022

I've really started to fall in love with Trello. I've taken @Brittany Joiner's 101 class, and I'd love to see more training content for more advanced features and usage.

Like # people like this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2022

Thanks @Andy Gladstone !! You are in luck because I'm getting ready to launch some more courses 😊 Working on my Trello Automation one that is ALMOST ready to go - like maybe one week away.

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 16, 2022

@Jimmy Seddon Thank you for this amazing post and topic!

Recently, there have been a lot of features, & apps that have been released and integrated (available out-of-the-box) with Jira and Confluence Cloud products, and all of them have been highly useful for users already, even when they were available as Marketplace apps for Atlassian Server/DC hosting options.

- Atlassian apps that I would love to learn more about to gain expertise: Insight - Asset Management, Advanced Roadmaps for Jira Software Cloud.

I worked with the server versions of these apps for a very short time during the start of my career as an Atlassian tools consultant, when these apps were not so mature as they are today.

- Atlassian features that I wish I knew more about - Issue Collectors in Jira Cloud, Sandboxes in Jira Cloud Premium, especially I wish I can get more information on whether it is a good idea or recommended to use Cloud Sandbox instance of Jira for Test Migration to Cloud; if not, then why; if yes, then how should I go about using them for Test Migration without any issues/conflicts with its Cloud Production instance of Jira.

- Atlassian products that I wish I get a chance to work more & more to gain working knowledge: Jira Align, Bitbucket Cloud & its pipelines.

The list can be longer, but I would stop here since these products/apps/features are the higher priorities for me.

Have a great Wednesday, everyone!

Like # people like this
Sebastian Schmidt March 17, 2022

Not really a feature but Crowd has since over 5 years still no hardware requirements guide, i mean how will you calculate ressources for a VM for testing or poduction that way? Any expereince to share on that?

Also the Supported Platform Page of Bamboo is the only one that lists Docker compability but with 17.X a really really old one. No info on the other products but image are avaible, also there is no mention if a docker container needs more or less or the same ressources as a VM.

(With "other products" i mean Bamboo, Bitbucket, Confluence, Crowd & Jira)

Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro March 16, 2022

Hi @Jimmy Seddon

It's a great question! I'm a business developer, so I would like to have training with an overview of Atlassian tools technically and sales main details from each tool.

It could be a nice Atlassian Partner knowledge review for partners 🤗🤩 . 

Thanks, and have a great Wednesday, Community! 😉

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
AJ Barks - Old Street
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 23, 2022

Apologies for the pure Sales Chuggery - and full disclaimer, I am a Marketplace Vendor - but when I started using Marketplace 10yr ago as a BUYER, I really wish I knew that I could have reached out directly to Marketplace Vendors to discuss free training, free Support, in-depth demos, extending our trials until ready to buy, discounts through Promotions etc. etc.

This knowledge is not openly available from Marketplace and is not common knowledge within the basic user circles, only the veterans... 🥸  😢

Example screenshot of Promotions from Jira, but the same for Confluence:

image (1).png

Elizabeth Barr
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2022

*taking notes* ;)

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events