Welcome Wednesday: What do you wish you could do (or were better at doing)?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2021

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

While the Olympics (and the Atlympics) are still going strong!  It gave me the inspiration for this week's question I have for all of you.  Is there some talent, skill, ability you wish you had, or you wish you could be better at doing?

It could be an athletic sport, or playing a musical instrument, or even something as simply as being able to navigate without a map.

For me, I always loved drawing when I was younger.  I still enjoy it from time to time now, but I wish I was much more talented at drawing that I am.

I would love to hear from all of you!  Please comment below!

Have a fantastic rest of the week!

9 comments

Comment

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2021

I always wanted to play the piano or violin - but I'm not at all musical!

I can't draw either :-)

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2021

My Dad plays the piano at a royal conservatory level.  We had two different styles of pianos in the house where I grew up.  I just wasn't interested in music at a younger age.

Like # people like this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2021

That's very impressive!  My dad played bass in a Motown band when I was growing up, so music has always been a massive part of my life - just not playing anything!

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 4, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon Great post again! 

Well there is a long list of such talents or wishes but here are a few:

I wish I could play the keyboard or Piano as I love music.

I wish I could have learnt swimming when I was a kid. But I didn't have that opportunity in my hometown back in India. Now when my daughter is  getting swim classes, I feel it more since I cannot enjoy with her in the pool like she wants me to.

I wish I was much better at planning and organizing work projects and family events.

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 4, 2021

I did have swimming lessons and I'm still not very good at it.  So I try to keep to dry land or at least shallow enough water I can stand in.

Like Taranjeet Singh likes this
april.delepine August 4, 2021

While I have been singing for audiences from the age of two and have a professional level of skill and talent, I have a hard time taking risks on stage.  I wish I was more capable of cutting loose instead of playing it safe on stage.

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
August 4, 2021

I think, as a personal skill, to be more engaging with people 🤔

Regarding playing an instrument, I will stick to the drums. I know how to play them, but I think I would love to practice more. 

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck August 5, 2021

Understanding ze hoomins... Uh, I mean, uh, interpersonal skills. :p

Like # people like this
Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
August 5, 2021

Literally, me. lol

Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck August 5, 2021

alien.jpg...

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2021

Mine is like @Liam Green  - I wish I could sing really well or play a musical instrument really well. I have no talent in either one of those so getting to a really high level would be quite a miracle.  :-)

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 6, 2021

Similar to Liam, I wish I could play the piano or guitar.

Like Taranjeet Singh likes this
Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2021

I have always been interested in playing the guitar, I even bought a fender with an amplifier!!! but I am not able to, I have tried many times but I think I was not born with that ability... however I really like to see how the guitarists do it and I think it is better that I keep it like that, especially for my neighbors...

gas asd September 16, 2021

It became before the smartphone age, so when they performed the Send me an Angel song, the crowd turned into a sea of flame info. Lighters, candles, matches shining under the starry sky.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events