Welcome Wednesday: What do you want for Christmas from Atlassian?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2021

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

Christmas is just around the corner. I just finished making a list for Santa with my 4 year old. That gave me inspiration for this week's question for you all.

If you could get just one thing from Atlassian as a Christmas gift, a feature or a fix for any Atlassian product, what would it be?

This was a hard one for me, but I think based on the current needs of my company:

I would love to see the JSM Insight macro for Confluence Cloud finished.

I know Atlassian is working hard on it, and I can't wait to start using it!

Alright everyone. It's your turn. Let me know in the comments what you would love to see. Santa may be watching ;)

Have a great rest of the week!

15 comments

Comment

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2021
Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2021

Though one @Jimmy Seddon cause I have a lot of things on my wishlist :) It might even be longer than that of my 2y old ;-) 

I think the one I get asked about the most from clients is the ability to have more possibilities when it comes to Insight Imports. Both scheduled and more sources (such as SCCM, SQL, Azure,... )

A close second which I will keep mentioning till i retire probably is a mechanism to create business process workflows :D

Atlassian Santa! I'm counting on you!

Anyhow, Happy holidays everyone!

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2021

I would love to see support for JSM customer profiles. These would include custom fields that could then be leveraged in the issues opened by the customers. For example: organization, contact info, Active/expired support contract, etc.

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2021

Especially if it's (also) stored within Insight so you could also leverage it with Contract Management! (atleast that's our workaround right now :))

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2021

Yes and in all fairness I really need to engage with Insights (hopefully to be rebranded soon BTW) to understand what all I could gain from it. 

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2021

Ohh I really like this idea!  Good call @Jack Brickey!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2021

I'd like to add and improve "customer insights" - that started from the really basic idea that when a customer raises a Request, it can be useful for the Agent to see some detail about the customer and their organisation on the issues, without having to go look it up somewhere. 

But if you extend that to users, across JWM, JS and Confluence, you can gain a lot of insight about not only external customers, but how your user base is using Jira and Confluence.  Which you can really use in improving your services.  One of the things we do for clients is show them how connected their various teams are and where they connect well, and part of that comes from our Jira and Confluence data.

Oh, and before anyone else metions it... Cloud-6999 ;-)

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2021

CLOUD-6999 ...

giphy

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2021

Sorry, I couldn't resist it!

Test MFS December 15, 2021

Swags :)  ?

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2021

@Test MFS Welcome to the Community!

Be sure to keep an eye out there are MANY opportunities to earn swag on the Atlassian Community!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2021

I would like for Santa to bring fixes for all of the decades old open JAC tickets. 

Or that Santa would close them and wish the request a good night. 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2021

I agree with you @John Funk!  Sometimes it's better to simply say "this is never going to happen!" and be done with it than keeping it around year after year.

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2021

I'm just going to revoke @John Funk 's access to JAC. ;-)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2021

HAHAHA - That might make me less stressed.  :-)

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2021

But @John Funk ! What about the FOMO!? All those tickets that you'd never knew existed..

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2021

My problem is all of the tickets that I ALREADY know exist.   LOL

Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 16, 2021

...and most of those raised by your good self

#YEET

😅

Like John Funk likes this
Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck December 15, 2021

When I asked my twelve year old what he wanted for Christmas he just shrugged and went back to his room to play Garry's Mod. O.o I think he may be broken! XD 

But I can't think of anything either so maybe we're just both very happy with what we've got ;)

Like # people like this
Tony Woodall December 15, 2021

Hi all!

Not really an ask, but more something I spotted on the recent recent High Velocity: ITSM World Tour - Dynamic forms baked in to Jira.

Maybe I've missed it but this functionality without having to add a new App looks to be fantastic and would make such a huge difference in our Service Desk implementation, being able to change the questions asked as a customer enters the required details.

When is this coming out, or is it something that's there and I haven't spotted how to switch it on?!

Cheers and a Merry Christmas everyone :)

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2021

Ah Yes, the ProForma integration on the Cloud platform :)

That should still be coming this year according to the roadmap! You probably know they don't just turn something on for all instances at once so it could take a couple of weeks when you see it but I'm sure they'll send out more communications about it

Like Tony Woodall likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2021

yep I only have the Forma version...still waiting on the Pro version! 

Pin on • funny •

Like # people like this
Like # people like this
Jena Slezak _Pender_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2021

Ooo love this question! Excited to read all the answers

Zach Rozinsky December 15, 2021

Thanks, @Jimmy Seddon!

I would love to see Jira Work Management better incorporate epics. Specifically, being able to show parent / child relationships on the list view (like how task / subtasks are displayed) and adopting the swim lane grouping feature on the board view like Jira Software. This would be a major improvement and would allow JWM users to use the platform more fully.

Link for reference: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Team-managed-projects-articles/Feature-Announcement-User-based-Swimlanes-for-Next-gen/ba-p/1357909?tempId=eyJvaWRjX2NvbnNlbnRfbGFuZ3VhZ2VfdmVyc2lvbiI6IjIuMCIsIm9pZGNfY29uc2VudF9ncmFudGVkX2F0IjoxNjM5MTU1NTMwNzMxfQ%3D%3D

Like # people like this
Jorashin bish December 15, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon I would like 1 bitcoin for my Christmas 

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2021

@Jorashin bish how about I give you a "jimmycoin" instead.  I guarantee the value is bound to go up ;)

Like Fun Man Andy likes this
Jorashin bish December 15, 2021
  • I see what you’re doing I’ll be on my way
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon - I like to early adopt new crypto... put me down for 100 jimmycoin plz

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 16, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon I want to book 100 Jimmycoin for me as well! Please direct me to the relevant JSM portal

Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2021

I cannot believe no one has asked for this one yet....

A magic MIGRATION BUTTON. One enters the SEN License admin overview and there's a button that says "Jump to Cloud NOW" and then...
^BOOM^ 💥
Server is migrated to Cloud effortlessly and seamlessly.

magic-shia-labeouf.gif

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 16, 2021

Well while we are wishing…Free licenses for life and an ice cream sundae.

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 16, 2021

Agreed!!! 🍦

Fabricio Carvalho December 16, 2021

OMG! ok, ok, just one right?... 

Agile Portfolio View /Manage!!!

List of all selected projects with some agile status evolution! that would be awesome guys!!!!

Thanks!

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 16, 2021

That's a really great question, @Jimmy Seddon ! 

I would love to see the ability to migrate any app data from Server to Cloud using JCMA or CCMA, and make it a smoother and seamless migration experience for users.

If not all, atleast the apps that provide workflow customizations & automations like ScriptRunner, JMWE, JSU, Automation for Jira should be migrated fully using JCMA.

Happy holidays, and Merry Christmas to everyone!

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events