Welcome Wednesday: What are your New Year's Plans?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2020

Greetings Fellow Community Travelers!

We are very close to the end of 2020!  I know for many of you, New Year's plans will likely be very different from years gone by.  Personally, for me, they won't change very much.

Our typical plans involve making some snacks (like air-popped popcorn) and watching movies.  We will take advantage of Netflix's "fake" New Year's Countdown for kids to allow our Three year old to enjoy "making it to midnight".  Then, once he has gone to bed, my wife will likely do the same and I will join some friends online to play games until after midnight.

I'd love to hear what plans, if any, other are going to be doing this year!  Are you going to cook an amazing meal?  Or are you going to sleep right through it and try to forget 2020 altogether?

Please let me know in the comments!

8 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2020
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 30, 2020

I am planning for a change of scenery. I am fortunate in that we have a small beach cottage at our disposal and it has really helped breakup the cabin fever that is 2020. Just another cabin but still....

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!! Cheers to a better year!

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 30, 2020

Yeah, I'll drink (water) to that toast! Happy new year to you, @Jack Brickey 

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2020

I am not confident the past year can be salvageable anymore by any means - but snacks and hoping for a better year will probably do the job :)

Happy new year to you all as well!

Like # people like this
T Chambers December 30, 2020

I have been in a pandemic family bubble of 6 since Thanksgiving, and we are celebrating NYE and eating black-eyed peas together on the first day of 2021. So much hugging to do before the bubble disbands in January.

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 30, 2020

Pretty strange for Icelandic folks but we've had this tradition of eating Mexican food on New Years Eve for the last 15 years or so :) So, even though there are only 3 of us, we will make chicken Enchiladas and "power" Burritos (they have sweet potatoes and other goodies in them) along with some Jarritos.

Happy new year, everyone!

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 30, 2020

Ha, I eat Mexican food whenever I can. Of course the definition of Mexican food can vary from Taco Bell (oh hell no) to Tex Mex (yummy) to Interior Mexican (my favorite). I'm interested in knowing what Mexican food looks like for Icelandic folks. Send pics! :-)

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 30, 2020

Hahaha, you are right @Jack Brickey   There are different Mexican food "groups". My wife does not like interior Mexican too much. I guess we are more into Tex Mex (sour cream has to be there somewhere!).  

Here is a picture from 17 years ago

IMG_2968.JPG

And from 16 years ago:IMG_5078.JPG

The table was too small so we had to do a buffet style. But I don't seem to have taken a picture of the goodies :(

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2021

@Jack Brickey Is that you speaking ill of Taco Bell? I think this is our first fight, but maybe we can meet in the middle with Torchy's.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2021

@Erica Moss oh Torchy’s.  I do miss Torchy’s so much. Their queso is a food group in and of itself! 

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2021

And not to worry, I forgive you for your unfortunate choices in life. 😁

Like # people like this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 30, 2020

Homemade or ordered Sushi, good movies and a walk up to the castle to watch the fireworks at midnight was our common setting for the last three years. This year it’s nearly  the same despite the walk is not allowed incl. no fireworks due to a curfew starting at 9 PM ☃️❄️

Happy new year to you all! 🎉

36A1768A-158F-44A3-8792-9F838F44AA27.jpeg

Like # people like this
Mahmut Bilgen December 31, 2020

I am planning to send bunch of "Happy New Year" message/text to my friends. And some relaxing. Happy new year...

Like # people like this
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon your gif game is on point! We had similar plans at our house but a teething two-year-old requested early bed time. We celebrated with a countdown and confetti the next morning 😂. Probably the last year we can get away with moving holidays around before our oldest starts to get wise!

So happy to see all these plans - hopefully everyone was able to enjoy the holiday safely! Wishing you all a bright and happy 2021!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2021

@Daniel Eads I have learned from my previous job that people are more likely to engage with a post/article that has a strong gif game ;)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events