Welcome Wednesday: What are you working on?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2022

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

By this point everyone should be back from holidays and you are starting to kick things off for the new year. I know this is usually the time when new projects start up for me so I thought it might be fun to ask this week: What are you working on?

I know for some people work related activities may be classified and off limits, but I'm sure you must have some personal projects or hobbies you are working on as well.

For myself, at work I'm in the process of splitting off another piece of our "Mega" space in Confluence into smaller more manageable spaces. Before the holidays I completed moving R&D, now I need to move our Product teams pages.

On a personal level, I have recently been helping my son build Spider Man Lego kits. I can't tell you how much fun that one is!

It's your turn now, I'd love to hear from all of you in the comments!

Have a great rest of the week!

9 comments

Comment

Andy - Urban Gorilla Boy January 19, 2022

I love a good reorg in Confluence. It's so worthwhile! Welly done Jimmy.
And who DOESN'T love building/playing with Lego...?

This week I have a super duper important Trello task: building an ADHD friendly board to help manage my eating habits and break the cycle of late night binge eating. Having a flat tummy again after 22yr of a jelly belly would be soooo nice.

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2022

That is a very admirable goal @Andy - Urban Gorilla Boy!

Let me know if you have any success with that, I may want to use your Trello template!

You probably remember my resolution this year for writing about that sort of stuff, so you will see some topics on here for sure! :)

@Jimmy Seddon - how do I turn my own board into a template? Do I not just make my board public and you copy it?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2022

I believe making a board a template is under the "more" menu, but is also a premium feature.

Andy - Urban Gorilla Boy January 21, 2022

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon !

You sent me down the rabbit hole but I found Wonderland - How To: Trello Template 

ABDULLAHI OLASUPO January 19, 2022

Thanks, ma'am! I look forward to a productive engagement with everyone here.

bhaskar purkayastha January 19, 2022

I am looking for a way to represent intermediate milestones within an Epic. In Roadmaps, we can see Project status as green or red marks. Is there a way to indicate status of mini milestones within a project..timeline-jira.png

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2022

Work wise I've been updating our knowledge base articles for new users to Jira/Confluence. 

Personal wise I'm trying to dedicate time to learning python but it's been hard to find time and also a good website that will help me learn in a way that I like!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2022

That's awesome!  Please report back if you find any good python resources!

Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck January 19, 2022

Work wise I'm technically unemployed but learning more JIRA while managing my freelance plans and game dev. 

In my free time I've been picking up the crochet again and I've recently created this dude...

El_Dark_2022-01-19_16-48-03.jpg

And I am now working on his "nemesis"...

Lavender_Yeti_2022-01-19_16-48-28.jpg 

He is a lavender yeti XD

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2022

That is amazing!  

Vishal Biyani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2022

I had been working on creating a JIRA dashboard using Python, Plotly Dash, JIRA REST APIs for my reporting purpose. This development saves me from relying on any plugins.

The dashboard is shaping up really well and i really admire the way visualizations have been made feasible by open source Plotly Dash libraries.

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2022

That sounds really cool!

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2022

@Jimmy Seddon Thanks for another amazing post!

In my professional work, I'm in the process of testing a Jira Server to Cloud migration for one of our customers using JCMA and working through all the challenges on the way. So far, it is going pretty well.

On a personal level, I have recently been helping 8 months old learn balancing & walking his first steps. It seems he is in a hurry to walk. Also, I am planning a get together for his first "Lohri" festival (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lohri)) celebration with all my family and friends, over this weekend.

Have a nice weekend!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2022

Congrats @Taranjeet Singh!  Learning to walk is a fun time until you realize everywhere they can go.

Good luck with the migration!

Like Taranjeet Singh likes this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2022

STILL working on a major CRM migration. Giving me a great chance to hone my Jira skills as we are using Jira Software for all of the development internally and externally, and Confluence remains the single source of truth for our current CRM design and business processes and for the future system.

I have to keep reminding myself that the journey is also a result.

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2022

Yes Andy!  You'll realize looking back on it how important the journey was with everything you learned from it!

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2022

@Jimmy Seddon 

Appreciate welcoming all the new members, Great!!

Workwise I have been assisting team with requirement calls and help them understand about the Atlassian tools, and approach for their requirements!!

Really exciting when you get to talk to customers and get their necessities getting done in Atlassian tools 😃

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2022

That's awesome Pramodh! sounds very satisfying!

Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2022

Good day @Jimmy Seddon and Happy Friday to you! great subject matter... this week I have been working on our next ACE and it is gonna be #AMAZABALLZ!!!

Everyone is welcome... it's gonna be EPIC!

Atlassian Communituy Event -> New (Lunar) Year! New you! Your Migration Journey to the Cloud with Trello! 

1r84ug.jpg

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2022

I can't wait for that event!  I will absolutely be there!

Like Fun Man Andy likes this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2022

Whoop Whoop ... ! ! 🥳

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events