Welcome Wednesday: Those Age old battles, which side are you on?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2021

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

With friendly (or maybe not) competition, there are always people who will pick sides.

via GIPHY

From Star Trek vs Star Wars to MAC vs PC, I'm sure there is something that we have picked a side on at some point in our lives.

This week, I'm interested to know, which battle you are passionate about and which side you have chosen.  It should go without saying I'm not here to judge anyone on their preferences, but I think we can all have a little fun sharing a bit about ourselves.

Personally, I have been on the fence for a number of these battles.  However, I am 100% in support of pineapple on pizza and I will continue to believe that forever.

via GIPHY

I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments.

Have a great week everyone!

via GIPHY

4 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2021
Like Timothy Samoff likes this
Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2021

Welcome to all the new member to the Community! We'd love to hear from you too!

@Денис Мещеряков@Микола Хуткий@محمد العبسي@川口真平@明 曹@石橋麻未
Like Monique vdB likes this
Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck September 8, 2021

Well, for a start @Jimmy Seddon I support your pineapple pizza and raise you some bananas :p 

For me these kinds of things have usually been in the musical sphere. A few off the top of my head:
Elvis Presley or Jerry Lee Lewis: I've never been a big fan of "the King". I'll be with "the Killer" all the way. 
The Beatles or Rolling Stones: Kind of on the fence about this one. I could go for either. If I had to choose Ringo would tip it over to the Beatles, if only for Help! ("They kept pulling my nose! And mine of all noses!" XD XD)
Wham! or Duran Duran: All things considered this should have been something I would have decided as it happened but I completely missed it (I was probably too busy listening to Jerry Lee Lewis and the Beatles :p) but after careful consideration about two decades later I came to the conclusion that Duran Duran is so far ahead Wham! in quality that it's pretty ridiculous. :p For the Wild Boys video alone they get pretty high on my list. 
Oasis or Blur: This one I did follow as it unravelled. I picked Blur then and will continue to do so until the end of time. Everything Damon Albarn does is epic.

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2021

Amazing!  Thanks for sharing @Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck!  I will have to try banana the next time I make pizza.

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2021

I am totally with you both for the pineapple on pizza!

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2021

I'm staying out of the pineapple on pizza thing because I loathe the stuff.  It's for feeding lemurs, not me, so it doesn't go on or in anything I will eat.

But @Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck - YES - banana.  

I was introduced to this idea by having to share a pizza with the only other vegetarian at the party, and she REALLY wanted a banana and chilli pizza.  I figured I could always push a few banana slices off, and went with it, but found out it works a LOT better than most would expect.  We both got repeatedly asked if we were pregnant and getting odd food cravings.  Turned out she was.  We still meet up sometimes and share banana and chilli pizzas, more frequently since the daughter she was pregnant with runs a restaraunt/bar in the next town along...

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2021

I made this one tonight: banana, bacon, ham, 1/4 pineapple, 1/4 corn :)

pizza.png

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2021

Like you @Jimmy Seddon I am on the fence for most of the more popular arguments, but I'm wholly on the Cornish side (and that of the Queen) when it comes to the matter of the next English civil war.  Jam first.

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2021

Another interesting "Welcome Wednesday" thread, @Jimmy Seddon !

I am totally in favor of pinepple on pizza and to raise up the flavor, I usually add jalapeno as well.

Regarding thoss battles, I do find myself mostly facing the "Samsung vs iPhone" cellphones battle among my friends and relatives. But I am always on the side of Samsung. (Don't want to mention the reasons or details here as that will be too much to read :-) and will start a new battle here :-))

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events