Welcome Wednesday: Sometimes you just need a hug!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2021

Hello Everyone!

It's another Wednesday. 

I don't have any thought provoking question this week.  I know last night I really needed a hug and I was fortunate enough to have very supportive friends and family I could chat with.

I know we all have our own challenges right now.  So I thought today I would simply offer a virtual hug to whoever needs it!  If things are going rough, just know that there are people here to help and it will get better!

Have a great week everyone!

19 comments

Comment

Like # people like this
Like # people like this
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2021

Couldn't be better timing today, @Jimmy Seddon 

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2021

I could use a virtual hug.

Trying to order an entree from an Chinese restaurant without rice, but apparently the restaurant doesn't offer such a choice via their website. Selecting "beef and broccoli" brings up a pop-up with "what rice would you like?"

I could take the free rice, but I have two huge bins of leftover rice in my fridge already... 😜

#firstworldproblems

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 24, 2021

Sounds like you need to make some Arroz Con Leche or some rice pudding to me!! Then you could even drop it off with a neighbor to bless their day.  :-)

Kinda wishing I was your neighbor right now  lol

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 24, 2021

@John Funk - you don't want me in the kitchen. If you had me boil water, I'd probably figure out a way to burn down the house

giphy

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 24, 2021

Don't we all need one once in a while.. 

next time just reach out on Slack and happy to talk if you need someone to listen!

source

Like # people like this
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2021

Hi @Jimmy Seddon

Thank you very much, a hug always feels good, no matter the moment

A hug for you too 

Cheers

Like # people like this
María Martha Roggerone February 24, 2021

!Thanks a lot! It's good to be part of the community

Like # people like this
Kyren Wong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2021

Omg @Jimmy Seddon I love this prompt! 🎉✨👏🏼 With all the zoom burnout and yearning to be out and about in the world (but can't) this is definitely what I needed today 

giphy (1).gif

Like # people like this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2021

Hugs all round!!  But virtual of course!

The most difficult thing about this whole pandemic (and I'm aware that for some people this will be quite minor) has been not hugging my mum.  I can't wait until I'm allowed to hug all the family again.

Always just a slack message away if anyone does need to talk

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 24, 2021

Very appropriate in these C R A Z Y  Covid times! I sorely miss the human touch/interactions, doing all this work from home. One day, things will open up again. Until then:

giphy

Like # people like this
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 24, 2021

Haha @Jimmy Seddon I needed this last night when I couldn't figure out my node.js app

Like # people like this
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
February 24, 2021

Hugs to all our Community members!! I give extra hugs to our leaders @Dave Liao  @Clark Everson for being the driving force behind our crew of Enterprise content developers!! 

hug.gif

Like # people like this
Veronique DUFOUR February 24, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon  Nice post, very warm. We need this during this covid time!!

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 24, 2021

Yay - a place to share my favourite hug gifs!

unitedcats.com - Probably the best cat community in the world! | Virtual hug,  Virtual hug gif, Hug gif

Virtual Hug GIFs | Tenor

Like # people like this
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2021

Those are awesome @Kat Warner That said, sometime one gets feeling like taking the COVID chances for the Real Thing. 

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 24, 2021

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon ! I think we all really need these hugs from our near and dear ones, during these tough times created by COVID-19. And I believe, our kids need them more from us when they are also blocked in their rooms for remote learning and not able to meet with their friends frequently these days.

Like # people like this
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 24, 2021

Thank you for amazing topic @Jimmy Seddon . Right today I was thining how I'm happy when I come home from my office and my sons run to me to hug me... I'm so happy man :)

Right Here Bro

Like # people like this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 24, 2021

There's nothing on earth like the patter of little feet and screams of "Daddy's home!!" to make one completely forget anything else that happened that day.

Thank you @Jimmy Seddon for the prompt and @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ for bringing back some heart-warming memories!

Like # people like this
Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2021

Here's one more hug! Thanks for starting this thread, @Jimmy Seddon -- it definitely brightened my day as well!

totoro-hug.gif

Like # people like this
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 25, 2021

Thank you @Jimmy Seddon !  Some days I want post a message about how much I love all my fellow community members but think, "No, Rachel, people will think you are weird...please log off of Slack immediately."  So, maybe it's appropriate in this thread instead.  :)

I love you all!  Being a member of the Atlassian Community is so important to me.  There's nothing like it and you couldn't duplicate what we have here with a million dollars.

Like # people like this
carrie_eandm
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2021

giphy

Thank you for this - it sometimes is just the little things that help us power through. 

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 11, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon —> Link 

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events