Welcome Wednesday: Online Community + Atlassian Community Events = <3

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2022

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

If you are here reading this post, I can assume that you know about the online community and how it is a wonderful resource to help you find answers to your questions & issues, while also allowing you to connect and interact with people from all over the world!

Did you know that there is also a catalog of local events that could be happening right in your home town?  These event are organized by volunteers that don't work for Atlassian simply to provide a way to connect fellow Atlassian customers together to learn about new features Atlassian has released in their products or to deep dive into topics that everyone might be interested about.

You can head over to ace.atlassian.com to see if there is a chapter close to you.  In addition, since the pandemic, a number of chapters continued to operate virtually.  A number of them have decided to continue to use a mixture of both virtual and in person events to help support everyone.  That means that you have the opportunity to attend even more events if the topics being discussed sound interesting to you.

I know a number of Atlassian Community Event (ACE) leaders are also very active in the Online Community.  This week I'm handing the stage over to the ACE leaders.  If you have something going on, or something that you would like to let everyone know is coming up, here's your opportunity!  Please share in the comments anything that you think people might be interested in attending.

I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the week!

8 comments

Comment

Johanna Pichotka_APTIS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 13, 2022

Looking forward to see all the amazing events! They're for sure going to be amazing 🙌

Like # people like this
Sajit Nair
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2022

great idea Jimmy!
here is my pitch.

A zoom quiz show, exclusively for the #AtlassianCommunity.
Where every two weeks, we host a show on Zoom, ask our guests to put on their thinking caps, and answer questions consisting of General trivia and Atlassian Ecosystem-specific questions, with a twist!
To make sure it's common ground for all, there will be NO technical questions, so people from all roles are welcome to participate.

RSVP here - 
https://ace.atlassian.com/events/details/atlassian-delhi-gurugram-presents-ace-quizwiz-round-9-top-16/

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2022

This is one of my favourite ACE events around. So much FUN! I highly recommend people tune in. 🎥📼🍿

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2022

As someone who has participated in this event!  It is a TON of fun, even if you end up in last place :(

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2022
Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro July 13, 2022

Sounds Great @Jimmy Seddon

It is a friendly reminder! I'm looking forward to these events!

Have a wonderful day! 😃

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2022

Rotterdam is inviting the whole world to join in on our CLOUD TRANSFORMATION Hybrid event... locals can drop on by for some in person fun, and the rest of the world is welcome to join in via Zoom!

https://ace.atlassian.com/events/details/atlassian-rotterdam-presents-cloud-transformation-for-the-masses-hybrid/

Screenshot 2022-07-13 at 14.27.53.png

Like # people like this
Caroline Park
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 13, 2022

Welcome to all of our new members, and great update @Jimmy Seddon

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2022

Welcome to all the new members! There are so many people who join this community every week. It is so awesome! Thanks for the update @Jimmy Seddon - it looks like there is a Phoenix chapter, but no one has posted there recently. 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2022

Sorry to hear that Summer.  If you are interested it might be worth reaching out to the chapter leader to see if they have any plans coming up.

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 14, 2022

I'll do that @Jimmy Seddon - thanks! 

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2022

I think @Summer_Hogan was talking about the Online Community chapter here... that's quite dead.

But EVENTS is alive and well... they got an awesome Virtual ACE next week with the one & only @carolyn french 👏 next week!

https://ace.atlassian.com/events/details/atlassian-phoenix-presents-my-teams-top-5-best-practices-to-tackle-time-tracking-in-jira/

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2022

Thanks @Fun Man Andy - this is great news! 

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2022

You're most welcome! Hope you have a great time!

Like # people like this
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2022

Thanks for helping get the word out @Fun Man Andy ! Unfortunately, we needed to cancel the one this week and will hopefully reschedule soon. Phoenix chapter is alive and well, and hope to meet you soon @Summer_Hogan 😊 

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2022

Back at ya @carolyn french 

Like Saralie S. likes this
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 22, 2022

Always appreciate your effort @Jimmy Seddon on your idea and coordination.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events