Welcome Wednesday: Never Stop Learning!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

As we begin to come down from all the excitement of Team '23, I received a reminder that I need to renew a few of my Atlassian certifications.  This reminded me that it's been a while since I have checked out the catalog of new courses in the Atlassian University.

I've discovered there are a number of new courses and with the new pricing model, now feels like a great time to get some training.

So, my question this week: Are are you planning to take any training in the near future? and if so, what are you looking to learn about?  I should also state, this doesn't have to be Atlassian specific.  If you are looking to learn something else, I'd love to hear about that too!

Personally, I'll be working toward renewing my certifications through the: Jira Governance & Housekeeping Pro Skill Badge!

Let me know what you are thinking about doing yourself in the comments below.

Have a great rest of the week!

18 comments

Comment

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2023

Aye. Ever since they announced the price drop for the courses, I've aimed to go for Managing Jira Service Projects certification and to check Managing Jira Service Projects course. Also, Atlassian Cloud Organization Admin learning path looks really promising and I hope to catch some time for that this year. We've been quite booked for some time now so I didn't have the chance to start working on these.

Apart from that, I still have to finalize my ITIL4 certification so I guess that's a priority 😅

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

Thank you for your post, @Jimmy Seddon !

I also strongly believe in the fact that we should never stop learning!

Personally, I have also received the reminders from Atlassian to renew a couple of my Atlassian certifications. So, I will be working toward renewing these certifications but haven't decided yet on which Pro Skills Badge course I will be going for. But, yoir post has given me some direction and I think that "Jira Governance & Housekeeping" can be a great option to pursue.

Additionally, this year, I am planning to get some training or online courses to learn more and improve my skills on some "DevOps tools" and "AWS Cloud platform". I am hoping for the best in achieving these training and learning goals within this year.

Have a great Wednesday and rest of the week, everyone!

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2023

I am looking to learn Project Management courses to keep my certification current.

Like # people like this
LoRi May 3, 2023

OH! I took a few intro Atlassian Trello Courses - i really like all the Butler integrations and want to fully automate all the dragging of cards we do. I made a label that tags and moves and sets the card up for the next step. Fun. So, advanced Butler commands is my future jam.
In my off time I am studying motion graphics and learning to be a pro in After Effects. Currently in my course of like 500 hours I am at 7% Pro already! 

Like # people like this
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2023

@Jimmy Seddon - I'll be doing the same with the governance badge! :) I got renew my certs soon. 

Like # people like this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2023

I have a couple more certifications I need to get to the Atlassian Certified Expert level. I'm particularly interested in "ACP-AOA Atlassian Cloud Organization Admin Certification" which is still listed as "Coming soon".

Outside of Atlassian skills I'll be looking to re-certify as an AWS Cloud Practitioner, and the levels beyond that later in the year.

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2023

I have never taken an Atlassian Certification class. I guess I'm missing out so I'll look into it! I just recently got two SAFe Certs; SAFe Agilest and SAFE for Product Managers. 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2023

I am often working on a badge or a certification. I wish I had more time to spend continuously on them, but it rarely works out that way. Next is the Reporting and Dashboards badge. 

Like # people like this
Ken McClean
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2023

I'd like to get some supplemental certifications, such as AWS, that would make me a stronger Jira admin overall.

Like # people like this
Abhinav Shilwant May 4, 2023

Happy Wednesday!!

Like Craig Nodwell likes this
Faizal Rahman May 4, 2023

Hi @Jimmy Seddon ,

I recently completed ACP-610 and completed ACP-620 earlier. Next aiming for ACP-120. I attended Recap of Team '23 Atlassian event and plan to explore more Atlas.

Stephanie Simons May 8, 2023

I'm fairly new to Jira but I'm a Certified Scrum Product Owner. I'd love to take any basic free classes since I don't have any funding from work right now. What are the best to get started with?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2023

Have you checked out Atlassian University? They have several free self-paced courses. You can set up your own free Jira Cloud instance for hands-on experimentation, though there are some features that are not available with the free subscription.

Like # people like this
Stephanie Simons May 10, 2023

@Trudy Claspill I have heard of it, thanks! I will look that up. :)

Ojase Emmanuval
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2023

I am looking to enhance my skills on cloud migrations in the the next couple of months!! Looking forward to suggestions

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2023

Take a look at the resources available here:

https://support.atlassian.com/migration/resources/

Like # people like this
Roger Hughes May 8, 2023

Just reached Sapling, but learning a lot and writing tons of ScriptRunner Groovy scripts to augment things the way I need to do.  The on-line help is very worthwhile.

Michelle Yip May 9, 2023

Wow! New to this, but keen to take up the Managing Jira Projects for Cloud certification. Anyone knows if there's one around Jira Product Discovery?

areese May 10, 2023

Getting certified to increase my confidence using or administering Atlassian products.

I SPIES May 20, 2023

Hey whats up??

I am looking for ways to assist in the challenge of creating technology that is actually useful.

Sanjen Bariki
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 20, 2023

Yeah,

Always have the Learning Attitude is good for Growth.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events