Welcome Wednesday: May the Forth (be with you)!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2022

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to another Wonderful Wednesday!

Today is a special day for Star Wars fans everywhere.  I'm going to keep it simple this week.  Is this something that you enjoy and celebrate?  If so, what are your plans for today?

Personally, I will be enjoying all the of the images that get posted in social media, slack & discord and I will likely be watching something star Wars related with some friends tonight, but that will be able it for me.

I'd love to hear from all of you in the comments!

Have a great rest of the week!

10 comments

Comment

Like # people like this
Tomek Lewandowski May 5, 2022

@Jimmy Seddon nice to be here :)

Like # people like this
Victor Pablos Ceruelo May 5, 2022

Thanks!!! It's a pleasure to be here ;-)

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2022

may4thbewithyou.JPG

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2022

I think this one is pretty self-explanatory for anyone that knows me. I probably should take PTO today. 

Years ago at a previous company I hosted and all day viewing party on the 55 inch screen in my office of the original canon of Episodes IV-VI with fresh popcorn and cold soda all throughout the day. It was a blast. We would pause for the iconic moments so people that couldn't sit through the entire viewing could join... 

• The rebel run on the original Death Star
  • The asteroid field battle
  • Luke and Vader facing off on Bespin
  • The Sarlac Pit Battle
  • Luke and Vader's battle under the stairs in a fully operational Death Star
  • The Millennium Falcon and Wedge escaping Death Star II's destruction

All great memories to share!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2022

@Andy Gladstone that sounds AWESOME!  I hope yesterday was everything you wanted it to be!

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2022

It was! Part of my day did feel like this:

Image from iOS (7).jpg

Image from iOS (6).jpg

But in the end I did finish my own Original Trilogy listening marathon and felt a little more like this:

5Hjd.gif

Today is a new day!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2022

Like Summer_Hogan likes this
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2022

Watching Mandalorian

Like # people like this
Evangeline Black May 4, 2022

I never heard of Mandalorian before. I had to check it out. 

I like also Valerian and the city of a thousand planets. They have great partnership. 

Valerina.jpg

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2022

@Evangeline Black I LOVE that movie!  I thought it was amazing.  Also, you should absolutely check out the Mandalorian.

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2022

@Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ You really can't go wrong watching that series!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2022

Not much of a Star Wars fan - but did see the original which it first came out in theaters!

Like # people like this
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2022

Me too.  I remember standing in line for hours at Parmatown Mall to see Star Wars 3 times at Parmatown Mall!

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2022

My earliest memory is going to Empire Strikes back with my parents and older brother in 1981 during it's re-release.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2022

I think all 3 of us would fit into the bar scene nicely. Or maybe I should just speak for myself  hahaha

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2022

Star Wars': What You Didn't Know About the Cantina Scene

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2022

Thinking more like this:

star wars bar.jpg

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2022

Thank you for starting this sub topic @John Funk!  My first Star Wars experience wasn't until the remastered versions hit theatres in 1997.  My Dad took me to see Episode 4: A New Hope and then we bought the VHS tapes for the entire set!

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2022

I just think it is fun, but don't necessarily celebrate it! I am going out to lunch with a friend today and it's the first time I have gone to lunch with someone during work since before covid! 

Like Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ likes this

I like Star wars very much @Jimmy Seddon . Sometimes I need to watch it few times as I forget bits about it (it's so long!) and feel kind of like @John Funk GIF aliens 😩🤦‍♀️🙇‍♀️. My plans for today is to put all I know about this movie together. I also have some work to do in so working day for me. 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2022

Yes I was working as well, but I did manage to watch the new trailer for Obi-Wan which looks amazing!

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2022

Let's celebrate with Yoda Martini!

Image from iOS.jpg

Like # people like this

giphy

That's a good one @Tuncay Senturk 😂

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2022

That looks delish! 

Like Evangeline Black likes this
Justus Mueller May 5, 2022

that looks very nice, what's in it? :O

Like Tuncay Senturk likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2022

I LOVE that drink @Tuncay Senturk !  And, I agree with Justus, can you share the recipe?

Like # people like this
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2022

:D Here is the recipe

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2022

@Jimmy Seddon This is an interesting post for me since I came to learn something new out of it: the original phrase "May the Force be with you" and the pun phrase "May the Fourth be with you".

I have heard of the famous American television shows and movies like "Star Wars" and "Game of Thrones" but I have never had a chance to watch or follow any of them, though I wanted to at some point of time in the past.

So, I am not a fan of "Star Wars" as of now (but maybe in the future when I get a chance to start with the series of "Star Wars" movies). Therefore, it is just a normal working & no-celebration day for me.

But, I am happy & excited to learn about "Star Wars" and its fans in the Community, through this post. And, for those fans: "May the Fourth be with you"

Have a great Wednesday and week ahead, everyone!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2022

@Taranjeet Singh I hope you had many wonderful encounters with funny images on the various social media platforms yesterday!

Justus Mueller May 5, 2022

So I am a massive Star Wars fan @Jimmy Seddon! Especially books like the Rule of Two or the Star Wars games (Knights of the old republic!!!!), yet here I am replying a day late :|

A bit of a random one, but what always has me and my friends laughing is this youtube video 

I hope you all find it as funny as me :D

Enjoy the rest of your week everyone!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2022

Hey @Justus Mueller!

Thanks for sharing!  I'm also a big fan of the KotOR games!  

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2022

@Justus Mueller thanks for that throw back post! Someone sent it to me a few years back on May 4 and it created a playlist of Bad Lip Sync videos on my YouTube stream that made me laugh so hard I had to pull my car over to the side of the road!

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2022

I have never seen that video @Justus Mueller ! That is hilarious! 

Like Justus Mueller likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events