Welcome Wednesday: I scream, You scream, We all scream for Ice Cream!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

It's getting to that time of year where after work, my wife and I like to spend time out in our yard while the kids play.  It's also getting warm enough that cold treats really help you enjoy the time outside.

Growing up I always had a favorite ice cream flavor and recently I found some on sale at the grocery store that I thought I'd pick up for an occasion like last night.  What I wasn't expecting was that my daughter would enjoy it as much as I do, since my son won't go near it.

My question for you al this week: "What is your favorite Ice Cream flavor?  Or maybe what was it when you were younger?  And, if you aren't an Ice cream fan, what do you enjoy to help keep you cool when the weather is warm outside?"

My favorite is Tiger Tail, that is a combination of orange creamsicle and black licorice.  I'm not a big fan of black licorice on it's own but this pair is very enjoyable.

Tiger-Tail-Ice-Cream-1.jpg

I'd love to hear what you enjoy down in the comments below.  Have a great rest of the week and stay cool out there!

20 comments

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

Not sure that I really have a favorite - but enjoy ice cream in general.  :-)

It's kind of whatever mood I am in at the moment if I am in the store. But oftentimes that is some type of chocolate and peanut butter combination. I also like "turtle" flavors - nuts, caramel, etc. At home, it is whatever is in the freezer!

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro May 24, 2023

Hahaha, excellent topic, @Jimmy Seddon

It's so cool that your daughter now is a partner to enjoy your favorite flavor.

My favorite ice cream as a child was a flake ice cream. However, my tastes have changed, and now I love only Belgian Crispy (I love dark chocolate) and Coconut at the Bacio di Latte store in Brazil. 🍫🍦🥥😃❤️⭐️

download (1).jpeg

Have a wonderful day, Community!

Cheers, ❤️😃🙏🏽

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

As a child I was a bit of an outlier in that my favorite flavor was Butter Pecan Ice Cream. I can smell and taste it as I type this. 

BPIC.jpg

As an adult I have suffered much as many others with increased lactose intolerance, which makes ice cream just as desirable, but has to be eaten in moderation. Nowadays I go for soft serve frozen yogurt with some toppings - usually a mini ☹.

Like # people like this

Hi @Andy Gladstone

I feel you. I have had lactose intolerance at a high level for more than ten years, and my ice cream portion is almost the same as yours. I only eat this ice cream four times yearly and with dairy pills. 😋

Have a wonderful day!! ⭐️

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

@Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro when we finally meet in person let’s stick to coffee!

Like Craig Nodwell likes this

@Andy GladstoneI totally agree! 😃 ☕️

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

More with a spoon... That's a flavor right??

Like # people like this
Justyna Gdowik _ Deviniti _
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 15, 2023

More with a spoon, you say? It tastes in the best possible way! 😅

Justyna Gdowik _ Deviniti _
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 24, 2023

I can't define the favourite one, but as for the most interesting flavor I've tried, it has to be the orange & sage combination.

The citrusy tang of orange paired with the earthy and aromatic notes of sage created a surprisingly delightful combination. It's amazing how ice cream can be a canvas for such creative and unique flavors 🤩. 

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

We have a local shop called Purple Door that does fun flavors like this! I'll have to make it over there more this year. Yum!

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

I've never heard of Tiger Tail ice cream - seems like an interesting combo! (Also not a fan of black licorice, but you've made it sound like it's worth a shot!)

I wouldn't normally choose ice cream as my dessert of choice, but when I do it's usually mint chip or a hot fudge (or turtle) sundae. 

On a recent trip to FL, I enjoyed an amazing ice cream sandwich made from 2 warm-from-the-oven chocolate chip cookies and mint chip ice cream in the middle. It was massive, over the top and perfect to end a quick weekend getaway without kids (who surely would have stolen bits and pieces of my dessert, ha!) 🤤

Like # people like this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

Yummy topic!

Extreme Moose Tracks is my current favorite - chocolate ice cream with fudge swirls and fudge filled cups.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

Yes!!!

Collista Lewingdon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2023

The best ice cream flavor in the world is Cherry Garcia by Ben and Jerry's. 

Like # people like this
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

Have many favorites. lol.

But here are some of mine.

• pralines and cream
  • Ube and black sesame
  • bees knees

Also, can't go wrong with a vanilla ice cream in a home made waffle cone on a warm day. 

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

I am with @Andy Gladstone and @Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro and cannot eat ice cream, but delish topic @Jimmy Seddon. I am not lactose intolerant, but for some reason ice cream does not like me! I stick to Gelato these days.

There is a little shop down the street from my house as Gelato is HUGE in Arizona now. They switch out the flavors every week and keep a couple consistent. My favorite flavors I have tried so far are toasted marshmallow and 2X2 which is Orange Creamsicle! Also Talenti has some great flavors like the Camel Cookie Crunch! 

gelato.jpg 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

ooh, I need this!

Like # people like this

I'm glad about that @Summer_HoganLOL 😄

Wow, Talenti sounds literally tasty!

I love it.

Like # people like this
Matin Shaikh May 24, 2023

I am based in Thailand. My personal favorite is the Thai coconut ice cream sold on the streets of Thailand.
Thai Coconut Ice Cream - YouTube

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

Thinking I need to make a visit to Thailand

Like # people like this
Matin Shaikh May 24, 2023

Good thought. Ice cream or a mojito on the beach right now is the best way to keep yourself cool in this weather. And of course, there is more to do in Thailand :P

Like # people like this
Collista Lewingdon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2023

Ummmm.....this looks so good. 

Like # people like this
Juliette Lallement _Elements Apps_
Marketplace Partner
May 25, 2023

My favourite ice cream flavour: yogurt! I discovered this flavour in Italy and it just delighted my taste buds!

Like # people like this
Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 25, 2023

I just remembered that while I was younger, I would always go for lemon + chocolate ice cream. 😋 I'm really into that sweet-and-sour combination. Now in my not-so-young days, I still prefer chocolate but with the addition of some pieces of fruit  - preferably a cherry to spice it up a little 🍒

Like # people like this
Hamza Khan May 26, 2023

My favourite ice cream flavor is chocolate, huge fan of ice cream, although a nice slushie drink would be the best remedy for a hot afternoon in Bangkok!   

Like # people like this
Bryan Guffey May 28, 2023

I love a good Cookie Dough ice cream! 

Like # people like this
Luis Felipe Studzinski Santos May 30, 2023

I don't have a favorite, but here in Brazil we have the opportunity of different varieties depending on the region we are in. In the North region, Cupuaçu ice cream, in the Northeast Region, Cajá ice cream, in the South Butia ice cream. They are all tropical fruits. If one day they have the opportunity to try it, they will be surprised by the diversity of flavors.

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Piyush A (STR)
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2023

I am based in India, and one of my favorite desserts is Kulfi. Kulfi is a rich and creamy frozen treat that comes in various flavors like mango, pistachio, and saffron. It's a delightful dessert that brings a burst of flavors and a refreshing experience, especially during hot summer days.Imag.jpg

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2023

That looks absolutley divine!

Like # people like this
Sean Chua _Adaptavist_ May 31, 2023

First comment ever...well, I'm from Malaysia, during my younger days - we have this IceCream called PaddlePop. Licking rainbows...hehe

rainbow-paddle-pop-1 copy.jpg

Like # people like this
Dhaval Khairnar June 4, 2023

I love choco fudge!! Yum Yum@@@

Like # people like this
Peter Domankus July 19, 2023

Oh that Tiger Tail flavor sounds great.

I do not have any special ice cream flavor preference. I always choose something from the list.

But not exatly ice cream, I REALLY LOVE frozen strawberry pulp.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events