Welcome Wednesday: Favorite Childhood Toys!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2021

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

My 4 year old found a bin of my old toys from when I was around his age.

20210901_153203.jpg

Ranging from Ninja Turtles to Transformers and a collection of other things in between.  It was great to see him having fun with them after all these years since I was playing with them.

What was your favorite toy(s) growing up.  For me, I think my transformers were one of my favorites.  They were both Robots and cars and it was fascinating to be able to change them from one into the other.

Let me know some of your favorites in the comments below.

Have a great rest of the week!

8 comments

Comment

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2021

Man, I've moved so many time in the last 8 years that we have gotten rid of too much :/

I had some Star Wars figures from 1978 (yeah, yeah would be worth good money today) that I played a lot with. I also played a lot with my older brother Action man figures, clothes, and stuff related to them.

Thanks for a trip down memory lane @Jimmy Seddon 

KGM

Like # people like this
Duane Harlick September 1, 2021

Totally dating myself here, but I remember having a ball with Kenner's SSP Smash-Up Derby cars...  Used to run them into the refrigerator.

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2021

Everyone is going to win when they say "Lego"

Although I did love my grandfather's Meccano set (I still have that) and my uncle's train set (he still has that)

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2021

I remember the old Meccano set that someone older than me had before me.

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2021

For me I had a bunch of Ninja turtles, rambo and Gi Joe toys. But my favourite one was the 5 lions for Voltron where you could put them together to form the big robot.

Like # people like this
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2021

Lincoln Logs & Matchbox + Hot Wheels Cars but we were outside more often than not, playing street (driveway) hockey or riding our bikes (everywhere/endlessly).

Come to think of it I used to mess up my bikes a lot by riding them on trails, in the woods, before we had "mountain bikes" and "trail bikes."  I still prefer trail riding over the streets to this day.  

Don't have it anymore... but something like this.

hotwheels.jpeg

Like # people like this
Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck September 1, 2021

I can't remember any specific toys like that. There were some Duplos from when I was little, my Stiga sled, but otherwise all I can remember are wood bits and nails, sand piles and rain creeks in the road, barns and hay bales, mud pies, puff balls and sheep. :p

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2021

Stiga sleðinn var flottur!

Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck September 2, 2021

Bestur! Sérstaklega ef það var nógur snjór og maður gat rennt sér ofan úr fjalli og niður í fjöru! :D

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2021

Thanks for this post @Jimmy Seddon ! I share the same feeling which is amazing when you see your young ones playing with the same toys that you used to love and play with.

Though I have moved from India to US around 8 years ago leaving all my stuff behind, but thanks to my parents who brought my favorite toy car to me on their recent visit to US.

My 7 year daughter liked that so much and was so excited to know that I used to play with that car in my childhood. She has kept that in her collection of toys.

And, it is an amazing feeling for me.

Apart from toy cars, I was fond of toy guns, carrom board, music instruments as well.

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2021

Toys? We were too poor for toys. 🤣

Early days - probably my Tonka earth crane  

69379CC7-EE4F-45DF-A50C-C3B610CF70E7.jpeg

Elementary school - slot car track HO

E3F57679-2F8D-4DF7-AB82-AF3B26297CC6.jpeg

And my favorite Sears banana seat bicycle…

B64644EE-10C9-46CB-8744-3A23A8712634.jpeg

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2021

These bananaset bikes were cool!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events