Welcome Wednesday: Are you doing any construction projects?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2021

Hello Everyone!

It's Wednesday again!

As the weather continues to get more pleasant in my part of the world.  I know many friends and work colleagues who are starting renovations to their houses or building backyard/balcony gardens.

So my question for you this week is, are you working on any projects this year?  Maybe you have one in progress (pictures would be wonderful)? Or maybe you are just starting to plan one that you will take on a little later this year!

For me personally, My wife and I going to start building a new sandbox for our son in the near future.  I'll post some pictures when we start working on it.

I'd love to hear from everyone else in the comments!

5 comments

Comment

Kathryn Westwood March 31, 2021

Hi @Jimmy Seddon thanks for the welcome!

We've got a huge garden project this year! We moved in this time last year and have taken the time to decide on what we actually want and I think we've come to a final decision on everything. Fingers crossed it'll be done by the end of summer so we're bbq party ready next year!

Like # people like this
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2021

Hi @Jimmy Seddon thank you for the topic :). We're starting building new house this year. I thought I will be able to do at least something on my own, but after troubles with main electrical wiring installation on our land, I'm giving it up. So right now we are chasing two companies for price offers and I hope the chosen one will start the project in May. I'm really looking forward to drinking a first beer in my new house after I pay first mortgage payment... I will buy a cigar for this occasion probably too :D

Attaching a photo of our land and building a driveway.

1616996377220.jpg

Like # people like this
Johnny O Manns March 31, 2021

Right after the pandemic required us to work from home last March here in Austin TX, we decided to add a quasi pergola over our patio (covered with Solar Panels), re-roof, repaint inside and out, and remodel the guest bathroom.  We were nervous about the risk of having workers around all the time for 3 months, but it turned out well.  Everyone was very skillful, safe and respectful of pandemic protocols.  The PM did catch COVID, but didn't have to be hospitalized... and we were glad to have a break from him.  I'm a certified PM, so my  skills came in handy, to the point that the owner of the construction company offered me a job.... no, I didn't take it.  I'm glad we finished with everything before now because it's very hard now to get a contractor to do anything here..  There's a housing shortage here so construction workers are almost impossible to acquire.  Existing homes are selling for 50 to 100K above ask.  We're not going anywhere and we love our new patio cover.  Before_Patio without Pergola.jpgPergola.jpg

Like # people like this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2021

Nice pool, I won't mind working from home for the rest of my life with a view like the one above in one condition: my desk facing it 😊

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2021

@Kathryn Westwood That sounds awesome!  I hope everything ends up the way you want it to be.

@Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ I think you just won for the biggest project underway.  Good luck getting to that beer!

@Johnny O Manns I LOVE that quasi pergola.  It looks amazing and the fact that you made it have a practical application as well is amazing!

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2021

my entire life is a project! LOL

I have been renovating a 1960s home I moved into in 2019. I have completed:

• 2 baths
  • complete rework of kitchen including removing walls
  • converted the formal LR into my office
  • dining room
  • foyer
  • den

What is left for 2021:

• MBR
  • MBA
  • 2 BRs

I have also removed 4 130' pine trees and reworking the gardens on 2 acres. Oh and I converted a two car detached garage to my woodworking shop.

I need a vacation!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2021

@Jack Brickey it's 8am when I'm reading this.  Now, I'm tired and heading back to bed!  That is a lot!  Glad to hear you manage to keep busy all the time.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2021
  • I want to add a shower in a 1/2 bath to make it a full bathroom for family and friends
  • I want to remodel 2 full bathrooms by completely removing the bathtubs
  • Remodel the kitchen
  • Redo the Deck

Still debating were to start from.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events