Totally New to all Atlassian Products

Zafar Mahmood October 15, 2019

I am a new BA working for Capgemini. I met few good guys from Atlassian last week and they were so inspiring that I end up joining this Group.

I am currently trying to organise user stories in Jira, creating Backlog, Creating Story boards, Creating Dashboard.

Initially I need to setup something against those stories to track everything through Confluence, not sure how to set it up ? Any ideas will be really appreciated. 

If my question is  a vague one please forgive me for my lack of knowledge in this area.

Regards,

Zafar

3 comments

Comment

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2019

You mean you intend to have a link between your JIRA and Confluence ?

Application Links can help you associate JIRA and Confluence to each other and then you can pull in your STORY data to Confluence - if that is what you intend to do .

Like Zafar Mahmood likes this
Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2019

As @Vickey Palzor Lepcha  says you can make a Confluence Page for each Story to hold the expanded explanation of the User Story and all its details and link each one to the appropriate Jira ticket. The ticket and the page must both be created before you can create the link.   

To create an overview of the plan put pertinent data into a Page Properties macro on each Story page and pull that data into a Page Properties report on either the Overview page or a Summary page in your Space. 

You can also create a Jira Report (macro) on a Summary Page to show the full list of Jira Story Tickets showing specific fields from the tickets like Status and Story Points etc. 

I hope this was helpful. 

Like Zafar Mahmood likes this
Zafar Mahmood October 16, 2019

Thanks Vickey and Kathy. I will try to create a Jira ticket and page as you suggested and see how I can work on Jira Report (Macro). 

Will update you.

Thanks.

Zafar

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2019

@Zafar Mahmood Welcome, welcome! Sounds like you're already getting some good advice. 😄 In the future, feel free to share questions in the product-specific collections (just to ensure you get the best possible answers).

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events