Shopping for two business solutions fell into the too-hard, too technical basket

Jamie Hayes February 17, 2020

We're a small business. We have franchisees in Australia and New Zealand. We're shopping to replace a big expensive application. Our two goals are simple:

1. Create a simple platform where our franchisees can report 15 sales numbers each week. From that we want to create a consolidated weekly report, plus a historical report per franchisee to see their trends. 
  2. Create a simple artwork ticketing system where our franchisees could log artwork requests, upload files and review the ticket.

Unfortunately, our lack of tech skills suggested that there were not solutions within the Atlassian stable of apps that we could use with our limited skills. We could not even find something that came close.

So we went looking elsewhere at Trello, Asana and Monday. Trials are so resource consuming, when a simple phone call could save a lot if waste and hassle.

My mistake has been assuming that we could find small business solutions in big companies.

2 comments

Comment

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 17, 2020

Kia ora Jamie. This is where Atlassian Solution partners can be helpful. We have often implemented products for a range of use cases and can give you initial feedback without you spending time configuring and using a trial set-up.

Check out NZ partners here and Aussie partners here.

Like # people like this
Jamie Hayes February 17, 2020

Thank you Kat

Like # people like this
Jamie Hayes June 10, 2020

Thanks Kat

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2020

Hi Jamie and welcome! 

Trello is owned by Atlassian and for me, is the simple and easy to set up and configure option. It's great that you are using it for your needs.

if you ever have any questions, there is a very active Community here. See https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello/ct-p/trello

Best,

Carolyn

Jamie Hayes June 10, 2020

Thanks Carolyn,

As the learning curve with Trello was getting the best with me, I opted to trial Freshdesk. 

Luckily, I managed to connect with a human via phone at Freshdesk and this has got me to first base. 

I have no idea if Trello offers any advantages for me, over Freshdesk or Asana.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events