Oh, hello! Show us the view outside your window

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2018

All work and no play makes Community a dull place — am I right? 😉

In that spirit, we're launching a monthly "Oh, hello!" thread that allows all of us to get to know each other a bit better. First up: Show us the view outside your window! Whether you work from home, post up at a coffee shop or collaborate with your coworkers in the office, we'd love to see what it looks like in your little corner of the world.

I'll go first! Check out the view from our New York office:

sunset small.png

Not bad, right? Just out of the frame are the Charging Bull and Fearless Girl statues, visited by thousands of people every single day. Also nearby is Pier A, a great spot to nosh on some Old Bay fries and sip on a Pimm's Cup when the weather's nice. 🌞

All right: It's your turn! Show us what you've got.

30 comments

Comment

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2018

Mine is not so spectacular... Cloudy day in Hamburg

IMG_3498-klein.JPG

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2018

@Thomas Schlegel Wow, Hamburg looks super emo.

Like HA Gaming likes this
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2018

Here goes sunny Moscow:

view2.jpg

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2018

@Grigory Salnikov What's the temp there, Greg? We're sunny, but we're also currently at a swampy 88 degrees Fahrenheit.

Like # people like this
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2018

@Erica Moss, now we are lucky to have a pleasant 22 °C (around 72 degrees Fahrenheit). But nights are getting colder already.

Like HA Gaming likes this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2018

@Grigory Salnikov I am so jealous!

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2018

@Erica Moss, you're always welcome to visit us :)

Soon, we're having an Indian summer and it will be still warm but even more beautiful and colourful outside. And even more beautiful outside the city, of course.

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2018

Cloudy and rainy morning in Bremen20180830_064350.jpg

Like # people like this
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 30, 2018

So moody! I can smell humid, rainy air :)

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2018

But at least you have a river near :)

Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2018

Late to the party, but here is my view outside my window (working from home). Cloudy countryside near Turin, Italy.

Is it cloudy everywhere in the world? :D

IMG_20180913_185017.jpg

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2018

@Alice Can confirm it's sunny in my corner of the world. 😉

Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2018

Haha, nice!

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2018

That's part of the view from my balcony in Munich, Germany. It's a bit cloudy today around the Alps, so you can barely see them. But this view is the perfect reason to have a hammock :)

IMG_20180925_183154.jpg

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2018

@Max Foerster - K15t 😍😍😍

Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 1, 2018

So beautiful @Max Foerster - K15t

Fun fact: I see the other side of the Alps from my home office (Piedmont, Italy) :)

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2018

CAN YOU SEE ME WAVING AT YOU ALICE? 😂

Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 1, 2018

Haha YES I CAN 😂 *weaving back*

Joachim Weichert October 2, 2018

20181002_155917_lr.jpgHallo, this is the view from my office window today: A cold and rainy autumn afternoon in Bad Kissingen (in the north of Bavaria). 

Like # people like this
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2018

So tranquil :)

Joachim Weichert October 4, 2018

It is. A really good place for a quiet lunch break from spring to autumn.

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2018

@Joachim Weichert It looks super moody, and I love it. 🌨

Like Joachim Weichert likes this
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 4, 2018

Window? Hmm, don't have one of those. I do have a frosted over skylight.

IMG_20181004_104948.jpg

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2018

At least you can see, if it‘s raining 😄

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2018

@Thomas Schlegel with the silver lining. 😆

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2018

... or do a little modification like someone on this window ;) (not sure why choosing a  baby, but.. people can do weird things :))

7ea.jpg

Like # people like this
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2018

@Thomas Schlegel Alas, I can't even see if it's raining ... frosted over. However, I can certainly hear when its raining. It's a metal roof ... sounds like a stampede. Also, I live in the Pacific Northwest of the US and during the fall/winter/spring time its ALWAYS raining. Seriously, we don't see the sun for months at a time.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2018

@Mirek Goodness-sakes that's creepy! : )

Like Mirek likes this
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2018

@Davin Studer I’ve been once in Seattle. The weather was not too bad, but I read after that Seattle is the city in the US with the most rain... But I liked it there.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2018

Yeah, Seattle is about 2 hours north of me ... pretty much the same weather pattern.

Deleted user October 5, 2018

Wow, so many have fabulous views!  Here is an overcast day in Michigan, USA.  And no longer sideways.  :-)

View Outside Window2.jpg

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2018

@[deleted] My home state! She looks good, even sideways. 😄

Eric Fields November 21, 2018

@[deleted]I'm a Michigander as well and agree!

Deleted user November 21, 2018

Hi Eric!  Welcome!

Like Eric Fields likes this
Eric Fields November 21, 2018

Hi Robin!!! Thank you!

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 9, 2018

South of Bavaria - next to the alps (which are on the other side of the building)

You can see one of our production halls, our canteen with garden and koi carp pond and some of the other offices.

view-.jpg

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2018

@Fabienne Gerhard So cool!

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2018

The view and of course location is a big bonus :)

Joachim Weichert October 10, 2018

Hi, where in "South of Bavaria" are you? Which city? I'm in the north of bavaria in Bad Kissingen.

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2018

From looking at the profile and the company I'd guess Thansau/Rohrdorf, south of Rosenheim :D

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2018

Hi @Joachim Weichert - @Max Foerster - K15t is totally right. Company is near Rosenheim! (wasn't sure how well known Rosenheim is)

A big fat greeting to Bad Kissingen - I'm originally from Würzburg!

Joachim Weichert October 11, 2018

Hi, @Fabienne Gerhard , that's funny. Of course I know Rosenheim ( I went the other way round, from south to the north of B.: I'm originally from Munich) - and I love the "Rosenheim Cops"  :-))

"An scheena Gruass z'ruck!" von Franken nach Oberbayern.

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 11, 2018

@Joachim Weichert - HUG ALERT

giphy

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 11, 2018

Wow! Great view.

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 11, 2018

Thanks @Davin Studer - gonna give  it to the bosses :)

@Max Foerster - K15t is it possible I saw you on a pic from AUG MUC in July? Will you be there in October?
-> Wie man in Deutschland sagt: Die Welt ist ganz schön klein :D

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 11, 2018

Hey @Fabienne Gerhard,

that's right. I was giving a presentation and also try to be around on the next AUG. So if you're there as well, let's have a chat. At least you will recognize me, "Wickie". :D Und ja, die Welt ist wirklich ein Dorf.

Simon Atkin October 10, 2018

The lake outside our office in Theale, near Reading, UK.

IMG_0206a.jpg

Like # people like this
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2018

Nice one :)

Deleted user October 10, 2018

What a tranquil view, excellent on those particularly chaotic days!

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2018

Wow! <drooling>

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2018

@Simon Atkin So, so peaceful. 〰️

Martin Kaufmann October 17, 2018

nice one!

Suzanne Brown October 12, 2018

Here's Baltimore, MD, USA the other day:

Image result for baltimore sunny day

Like # people like this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2018

@Suzanne Brown what a nice view!

Deleted user October 15, 2018

That's a GREAT view to come in to every day!  

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2018

yeah! especially with that sunny weather :)

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2018

@Suzanne Brown Looks so dreamy!

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2018

Nice view!

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2018

Inner harbor is my guessing.

Denis Tsybulin October 14, 2018

Hello, 

Here is the view from our office in Almaty

IMG_20180928_125822_HDR.jpg

Like # people like this
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2018

Oh, what a great view to the mountains. :-)

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2018

@Bastian Stehmann wow a great view - love the mountains!

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2018

Hmm.. Talgar? :)

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2018

@Denis Tsybulin That view is pretty mediocre. 😉 (Kidding, of course!)

Denis Tsybulin October 15, 2018

Yeah, mountains, love them too :)

@Mirek, nope, but view is very similar

Like Mirek likes this
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2018

Maybe it's good I don't have a view like that. I might not get work done. drool.png

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 16, 2018

@Davin Studer That's right, could happen easily with this view.

Hi all,

this is my sight.

City of Essen, ruhr area near Düsseldorf, germany.

IMG_0445.JPG

Regards,

Martin

Like # people like this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 17, 2018

Hello to Essen @Martin Kaufmann from the south of Germany

Like Martin Kaufmann likes this
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 17, 2018

I will be in Essen, next week - Spielemesse :-)

Spielemesse is cool. The trade fair is just a few minutes away from office :-)

Have fun!

Deleted user October 17, 2018

A very nice view of Essen.

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 17, 2018

Hi @Martin Kaufmann,

also a warm welcome from Bremen.

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2018

@Martin Kaufmann Looks amazing, Martin!

Anna Antretter October 17, 2018

Munich.jfif

Hello from Munich :) 

This was my view from our office in the morning. 

Like # people like this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 17, 2018

Hi @Anna Antretter - welcome to Munich (only around 70km from my location)

maybe you wanna meet at the next Atlassian Usergroup? -> https://aug.atlassian.com/events/details/atlassian-munich-presents-atlassian-user-group-munchen-2 

Anna Antretter October 17, 2018

Hi @Fabienne Gerhard

thank you for the invitation. 

Sounds very interesting! 

welcome @Anna Antretter!

Deleted user October 17, 2018

I love the crossed con air trails in the sky!  X marks the spot!

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 17, 2018

@Anna Antretter you should definitly give it a try

@[deleted] the truth is out there in munich 

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 17, 2018

Hi @Anna Antretter,

a warm welcome from Bremen. That sky is just great.

Like Anna Antretter likes this
Joachim Weichert October 17, 2018

HI, welcome and "Grüß Gott" - greetings from the north of bavaria, from Bad Kissingen. to my home town.

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2018

@Anna Antretter That cotton candy sky is the stuff dreams are made of. 🍬😍

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 30, 2018

What a beautiful sky and hey there Anna, the Munich/Bavarian people get more and more here :D

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2018

@Anna Antretter What?? You have the Xmen outside your office?? ;-)

Anna Antretter December 13, 2018

@Jack Brickey haha. yep. He gives us signs. ;) 

Like Grigory Salnikov likes this
Nuno Miguel Mendes Fernandes October 22, 2018

Hello from Portugal (Lisbon).

file-10.jpeg

Like # people like this
Martin Kaufmann October 22, 2018

Wow! I have seen the future ... ;-)

Like Grigory Salnikov likes this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2018

@Nuno Miguel Mendes Fernandes Waving back at you. 👋🏼

Deleted user October 22, 2018

A lovely day on a tree-lined street with interesting buildings on the horizon.  

Nuno Miguel Mendes Fernandes October 22, 2018

This is Lisbon in Parque das Nações near the Tejo river.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2018

I am missing a lot!!!! I didn't see this post at ALL 😔

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2018

I didn't see it either. Love this post! My pic outside will be mostly just snow and ice this time of year. 

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2018

Love your view Erica! The tides intersecting the historic and modern buildings. 

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2018

Thanks, @Jodi LeBlanc!

Anton Chemlev - Toolstrek -
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2018

Hello from chilly Moscow! :)

WhatsApp Image 2018-12-17 at 09.20.01.jpeg

Like # people like this
Rafael Pinto Sperafico
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2019

Hi everyone,

The following picture was taken this morning. Not very common at this time of the year, but let me show you what the sunrise like at 9AM in Hämeenlinna - Finland, located about 1h from Helsinki.

Today's morning was -14C (very pleasant weather - winter has just began)

This is what I see from the window on a daily basis :D

rsperafico-hameenlinna-FI.jpg

Like # people like this
Deleted user January 3, 2019

That's lovely!

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2019

What a beautiful picture! =D

Nishanth Thimmareddy _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 6, 2019

Namaste from India, It's a hazy winter morning here in Hyderabad city.

Like # people like this
Deleted user January 7, 2019

Sweet.  Plus you've been able to watch the three buildings going up when you're bored.  :-)

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2019

@Nishanth Thimmareddy _Appfire_ Wow, thanks for sharing, Nishanth!

Omar Herrera
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2019

Hi everyone, this is my picture.IMG_20190107_135344.jpg

Like # people like this

Green in January?  Are you in the Australia/New Zealand area?

Omar Herrera
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2019

Hi @[deleted] it's Panama. We have only two seasons here summer and winter and this is the beginning of summer.

Lucky you!  It's 27 degrees, windy and rainy in West Michigan, USA today.

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2019

@Omar Herrera That looks positively dreamy, Omar! 🌞

Like Omar Herrera likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2019

Wow @Omar Herrera sounds lovely! In Canada it is -6 Celcius today, thankfully I am off to the sunny south next week for 10 days to get some vitamin sea. Here is the view outside my window as I telework full-time. You can see our all season fire pit in the photo that we love to use after a day of snowshoeing, and we get lots of wildlife such as foxes, eagles and various other birds to look at outside from time to time.

IMG_4824.JPG

Like # people like this
Deleted user January 8, 2019

That's beautiful! 

Like Jodi LeBlanc likes this
Simon Atkin January 9, 2019

Lovely, where in Canada is that?

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2019

Thanks Simon, that's in Prince Edward Island :)

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2019

Funny as soon as I mentioned eagle in my post yesterday, I saw one perched in my neighbour's tree. I haven't seen one that still to get a good photo. Sharing here as it is technically outside my window :)

IMG_4843.JPG

Like # people like this
Deleted user January 9, 2019

Wow.  Looks like he or she has a foot up, so was ready for a nap.  =)

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2019

Yes I think you are right, a nap after a full belly :)

Deleted user January 9, 2019

I thought I saw a little blood on the beak.  I'll just pretend it was berries...

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2019

I was hoping that was from berries too ;)

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2019

Here is the view from our new office:

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5f4.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5f6.jpg

Like Erica Moss likes this
Deleted user January 10, 2019

It looks like your office was set in a glade in the woods.  I'll bet it's beautiful in the spring as everything turns green again.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2019

Wow looks so peaceful and must be lovely to get outside for a walk in the woods on your lunch break to clear your mind and enjoy the fresh outdoors.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2019

This is our 2nd week here. We have all kind of network issues. Also it is so cold that we can not go for walks. However I did see couple Deers by the building last Friday.

@[deleted]This is Northern VA, yes definitely Spring will be beautiful here.

Like Deleted user likes this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 16, 2019

My view is changes with some frequency but right now, it's frequently of this little root-top green space in downtown Houston.

IMG_7544.JPG

Like # people like this
Deleted user January 16, 2019

That's a nice break in the "concrete jungle".  I would enjoy looking at that.  

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events