Did you mean: 

Mythbusters: I'm too new to contribute to Community

Viewing page 2 of 3

61 comments

Comment

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2021

Thank for the strict post :) 

Like # people like this
Christopher Brown
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2021

This is very encouraging, thanks for posting!

Like # people like this
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2021

Great article with some great advice! Thanks for sharing!

Like # people like this
Mihai Schwarz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2021

I think that there is no such thing as stupid question or answer, especially here in the Atlassian Community.

Like # people like this
Mariano March 20, 2021

Amen Mihai!

*shrieks in horror when having flashbacks of StackOverflow questions and answers*

source

Like # people like this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2021

Great post and so true @Erica Moss 👏

Like # people like this
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2021

When I first started out using Atlassian tools, I asked as many questions as I could and I was surprised how much I learnt in a short space of time.

Everyone's got to start somewhere - there is no such thing as a stupid question!

Like # people like this
Machinery Junhua May 7, 2021

his was exactly how I felt and I didn't do very much for about two years.  It wasn't until I saw this warm welcoming approach first hand at the 2019 Summit that I really realized how awesome the Altassian Community really is.  I took the proverbial "leap of faith" and I have no regrets! junhua .

Like # people like this
OneEvents India May 19, 2021

Thank you for this note. Always good to be a part of an active community.

Like # people like this
Jay June 28, 2021

Nice post Erica, I can remember thinking exactly that when I first joined.

Like # people like this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 22, 2021

Great article @Erica Moss  and spot on!

I still feel this way about asking certain things. And sometime I even don't ask since I want either to find it on the community, or find it myself by trial and error!

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2021

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ I hope the article helps you feel a little bit more brave about posting! We're all friends here. 😄

Like # people like this
Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2021

I love reading questions! We are all working in different branches and industries. It shows how diverse this whole community is and how different the tools are being used.

The questions and answers always remind me that there is still so much I don't know.

Like # people like this
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2021

If you have any doubts or any problems Community is the best place to come and discuss.

Like # people like this
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2021

Totally Agree!

Especially with the point regarding creative ways to tackle a solution.  I've learned a lot by looking at others responses.  

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 25, 2021

Thanks for the encouragement!

Like # people like this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
March 29, 2022

The mentality building up plays an important role.

No silly questions and never underestimate yourself.

Like # people like this
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
April 4, 2022

I have explored community a lot and I can say that this forum gives you a lot of opportunity to understand how the product is getting used in the real world. This learning is really valuable to me. I am just loving contributing to community. For newly joined Atlassians like me this article is really motivating. 

Like # people like this
Elizabeth Barr
Atlassian Team
April 8, 2022

I couldn't have said it better myself, @Srinatha T !

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2022

I know this is old, but thanks for the info! 

Like Viktoriya Borisova likes this
Kol-el Yeo May 7, 2022

Hi wow Erica thank you for placing exactly how I feel in words your 100% correct, it's said in 2019 but still eased my nerves.

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 31, 2022

Welcome to the community @Kol-el Yeo! Let us know if there is anything you need. 

dilitimor June 14, 2022

Hello Community,

I would like to introduce my self. This is my first day start using Atlassian/Jira. So much things to learn from basic. I hope it suite to my need as IT project manager. I am going to deep dive this community to find more about Jira

Like # people like this
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2022

Hi @dilitimor ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Glad to have you here.

Like # people like this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
June 15, 2022

Welcome @dilitimor !

Highly recommend ramping up the product knowledge on the free training courses at Atlassian University.

Like # people like this
dilitimor June 15, 2022

Hi @Darryl Lee 

Thank you for your advice.  I have learn about roadmap. backlog and board. Tried to add some app for my project (confluence and lucidchart)

Like # people like this
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 24, 2022

You're never too new to contribute back if you think you can provide help. 

Like # people like this
Sakina
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2022

🙇‍♀️

Like Summer_Hogan likes this
r.albores_fcr November 29, 2022

Hello everyone, I am very glad to be here.

True Atlassian is great and enormous, it will take me a while to know how I can take the best of it and as a result of this, start to contribute. For now, just wanted to say hello from sunny Mexico.

Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 27, 2023

Hi all, late to the party I know, but I also couldn't agree more. Everyone starts from a different place and perspective and you never know what value you can bring with your own unique experiences.

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2023

You're never too new to contribute.

Chris K
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2023

Thank you for this article and this useful tips. I really appreciate them as an "Atlassian Community Newbie" :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events