Jira and Microsoft Dynamics Integration

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2019

Good Day,

Do anyone have done 

Jira and Microsoft Dynamics Integration

Before and what will be the best practice? please suggest.

Regards,

1 comment

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2019

Yes.  We used Jira's REST API and some post-functions to talk to it.

"Best practice" is to do what your people need it to do, I can't tell you a lot more than that without details of what you are trying to do.

Like # people like this
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2019

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- i am trying to automate some requests.

For example Once any new ID is updated in

Microsoft Dynamics

automatically one request asking to create email account should be raised through JIRA

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2019

Ok, you'll need to configure MS Dynamics to make a REST call to update Jira.

Like Fahad Siddiqui likes this
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2019

Do you know the procedure? can you explain more on this "configure MS Dynamics to make a REST call to update Jira"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2019

I'm an Atlassian user/admin type, not a MS Dynamics person, and I don't think there are a lot of people here who are Dynamics experts - I think you'll have better luck asking how to code for MS Dynamics in a forum dedicated to it!

Like Erica Moss likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events