Introduction

Alan Bond December 4, 2020

Hi I'm Alan

New to this, got here by being invited to Discord, which I'm having trouble understanding.

I worked as a PC & Network (Novel NetWare) Technician, using MS-DOS and early Windows (upto XP) until 1997, when I retired for personal reasons.

I've recently become interested in IT again mainly through using my Android Smartphones.

Not sure if I belong here, but here I am. So...

Cheers, Hopefully I'll be back again. Thanks for accepting me here.

Alan.

12 comments

Comment

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2020

Welcome aboard.

T Chambers December 4, 2020

Welcome to the Atlassian community, Alan. Discord is a social network, “the only free and secure voice, video, and text app designed for gamers that works on your desktop and phone.” Read more about it: What is Discord? Social Network and Chat for Gamers?

Here, at community.atlassian.com we are focused on Atlassian products.

Make sense?

Like Erica Moss likes this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2020

Novell rocked seriously! If you are interested in Atlassian products, then you have come to the right place :) Welcome!

1_nZvCtsSse9hbDmsA-5-DgA

Like Dave Liao likes this
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2020

Ahh OS/2 - I recall working on a phone system in 2006 that ran on an OS/2 machine. The uptime was truly insane! I have a feeling that if the fans in that machine haven't quit working, it's probably still running today.

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2020

@Alan Bond welcome to the Atlassian Community!  Let me start by saying, everyone that wants to contribute to the community belongs!

If you are trying to figure out where to start, I'd recommend reading through this post (if you haven't already) by one of the wonderful Community Managers @Erica Mosshttps://community.atlassian.com/t5/Welcome-Center/Start-here-Atlassian-Community-101/td-p/876380

Also, please don't hesitate to ask any questions.  There are tons of very knowledgeable and friendly people ready to help!

-Jimmy

Like # people like this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2020

Welcome to the Community @Alan Bond. I'm sure a Bond has a natural place in more or less any kind of Community!

Peter Cook December 5, 2020

I can relate Alan, as I too started around that time and it was with Novell Netware 5, MS DOS and actually Win 3.1, so there's been many changes since those recent 'days of old' but hang in there, don't be too hard on yourself, maintain your rest and it won't be long, you'll find yourself having all kinds of epiphanies.

As been stated and noted, the community is extremely helpful and encouraging.

You're not alone.

Take advantage of it.

Best wishes to ya!

Like Dave Liao likes this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2020

Welcome to the community!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2020

Hello and Welcome, Alan!

We are glad you are here!!

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2020

Hi @Alan Bond ,

Welcome to the community!

Please don't share any personal information in the community as it's a public community!

We are glad you are here.. Keep Learning & Sharing!

Enjoy!

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 6, 2020

Welcome!

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2020

@Alan Bond Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 12, 2020

Hello and welcome, you definitely belong here!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events