cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello from Nimbix

Galib Hassan March 3, 2021

Hello everyone,

We are migrating from Assembla. 

Unfortunately I could not find a clean migration flow available for Assembla like some of the other agile tools. I found a github project for Assembla-Jira migration using API - but it is old and some parts of it are deprecated. 

So, hopefully exporting out of Assembla and importing CSV would work. But I'll probably lose issue relationships like epic-story-subtask as well as 'related' links..

If anyone have had experience with it, please let me know.

2 comments

Comment

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2021

@Galib Hassan If your source tool is able to export data in CSV with all the relevant links between Epic-Story-Sub-task as well as other link types, You need to make sure to create those link types while preparing your CSV for import into Jira's CSV Import format.

I can confirm that all the above link types can definitely be recreated while importing CSV data into Jira. You just need to make sure to format your import CSV as per the suggestions given in this Jira documentation:

For Jira Server/DC: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/importing-data-from-csv-938847533.html

For Jira Cloud: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/import-data-from-a-csv-file/

Let me know if you have any follow up questions. I will try to help you based on my past experience.

Hope it helps!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2021

agreed this should all be possible via CSV import. It will be tedious based on my experience but certainly doable.

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2021

@Galib Hassan Welcome to the Community! 😄

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events