cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello - New User

Angie Smith
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 1, 2023

Hello, I am a new user and landed here in search of obtaining information about the Atlassian team '23 event.  I am highly considering attending this year but wondering if it is worth my time and money investment since I would be attending individually rather than other companies who probably invest in sending teams to the event.  It seems like I could really benefit from attending according to the information I have found so far on the event offerings.  I am always looking for new ways to learn the Atlassian product lines and tips on how to improve the efficiency of the tools for my teams.  I am a senior IT PM managing technical projects within core systems at my company.  I am currently a part of the Enterprise Applications team at Washington University in St. Louis where they currently are transforming to an agile methodology utilizing the Jira and Confluence Atlassian products.  

4 comments

Comment

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2023

Welcome to the community @Angie Smith !

I've only been to digital platform and it was a good way to learn about the various product features and listen to keynotes.  I believe it's free and get a change to get a feel of the event. Of course, it won't be exactly like the live event where there's networking and to attend the expo hall. Also, if you are there, you can also attend the certification boot camps. 

I may go there this year if my schedule aligns.

-Ben 

Like # people like this
Margaux March 2, 2023

Hi Angie, 

I'm Margaux, we attended Team22 last year as sponsors and will once again have a booth this year. I can confirm that attending to discover tools and products you might not have heard of before is very valuable. It's a great place to network and meet others with similar issues or questions. It was my first Team, and even though it was smaller than usual due to last year's situation, it was a fun and great experience both as an attendee and sponsor.

Our primary tool is ActionableAgile (flow metrics and forecasting tool), but we also have others that we have not advertised much (yet); many people came to the booth and were able to ask questions to discover those new tools. I did the same with other companies; we found tools to help us in the daily work that we had never heard of before. The advantage is also that you get to see the vendors and can ask targeted questions directly to them and not through a solution partner or a reseller.

Margaux :) 

Like Angie Smith likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2023

Hi @Angie Smith!

Welcome to the Community!

When I say it's 100% worth going I may look and sound a little biased, and at this point I am.

But let me rewind a little bit.  Back in 2019 being the admin for Jira and Bitbucket was 50% of my overall job, and since I had approval to go to a conference, I thought it might be nice to see what all the fuss is about by going to the Atlassian 2019 Summit.

I was just a cog in the wheel admin for a small Atlassian customer, but the experience of being surrounded by like minded people all with similar challenges they are trying to solve or in some cases they have already solved the problems I'm encountering and are happy to share what they did to move forward was amazing.

Fast-forward a few years, I'm now working for a much larger company where being the admin for the Atlassian tools is 100% of my job and I look forward to being at Team '23 this year to chat with the Atlassian product teams about the challenges we have with the out of the box product.  Chatting with a number of amazing Solution Partners & Marketplace vendors to see if they have the ability to help us solve the challenges we can't accomplish with the base products.  And, to have the opportunity to interact and mingle with other Atlassian customers to swap admin stories.

Bare minimum, sign up for the digital experience.  It's free and you will have access to presentations you can watch at your convenience.

I hope that helps!

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2023

Hello and welcome to the Atlassian Community, @Angie Smith !

Hope you have a great learning experience at Team '23 , whether you attend it in-person or digitally!

Like Angie Smith likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events