Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I'm most interested in learning about document management

ASIA PICKLE November 5, 2020

Hello,

I am gearing up throughout the end of the year to take over some policy management duties. Prior to this I have not used Jira, so I feel like I'm diving in head first into the deep end. If my college days are any indication, I can thrive in "sink or swim" situations like this. 

Where would be the best place to begin researching how I can effectively use Jira to manage annual policy document updates? My assumptions are:

1. I need to start with creating a workflow
    • I have a flow chart created in Visio that gives me an overview of our desired process from start to finish. I feel like I should adapt this to a workflow.
  2. Part of the workflow will be creating an Issue that assigns to the policy owner to let them know what needs to be done, and by when.

Thank you kindly to anyone that takes a moment to point me in the right direction.

Sincerely,

Asia

2 comments

Comment

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2020

Hi @ASIA PICKLE 

Welcome to the Community!

Jira sounds like it would be a great fit for what you're doing.  

You can find out a lot about Jira by completing some of their free training courses (https://training.atlassian.com/free-training-catalog) or by watching their webinars (https://www.atlassian.com/webinars) - I think they will really help you.

You can also get involved in the community by exploring and asking questions.  If you're looking for somewhere to start your Community journey then the Required Reading article is a great place to begin.

If you have any other queries, just click 'Ask the community' at the top and dive in!

Regards, Liam

Like ASIA PICKLE likes this
ASIA PICKLE November 17, 2020

Liam,

Thank you for this first step. I'll try to get these digested and comeback with more pointed questions if I can't figure this out.

Take care.

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2020

Welcome to the community! 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events