Hello, I am new here :-)

Germaine van Vugt April 17, 2023

Hello everybody, nice to meet you! I just wanted to share a little note to let you know I am new here, but also new to this job.

My name is Germaine, 45 years old, I live at the Netherlands with my soulmate and I'm a mom to a 22 year old son. I was an entrepeneur for almost 18 years in marketing and PR. Two years ago I started to work for an advertisement agency where I was responsible for two of the biggest construction markets and a big sports agency. Last year I switched jobs and was part of the management at a marketing agency. After 8 months one of the CEO's left the agency and the other CEO was way too busy with his Porsche and everything he owned, instead of having a little bit of responsibility for his company. When he started "powdering his nose ;-) and yelling at me and my collegues 

So, after a year I decided to turn things around and exactly at that moment I got a job offer from a recruitment agency. It was a management job at an ICT company that build applications for insurance companies. So at first I was like: me at an ICT company.....hmmm don't know if that's gonna be a great fit. So I went to my first interview and when I drove home I was like 'that was a nice conversation'. So I got a call back the next day and I went over for my second interview. And because I went in very 'open' and not sure about the match, I threw everything on the table. What I like to do and what I really don't want to do. It was again a really nice interview. So the next day I got a call back that they created a whole new job for me and I got my third and last interview where they told me about the job and asked me if I was interested. 

So March 3rd I started as a manager Servicedesk at AWI and it's my responsibility that my team respond to the tickets on time and that we can help our customers with bugs in the application. And because the company is growing very fast (we have three locations), I'm gonna combine three servicedesks to one this year. I'm really happy I made this step, it's a very interesting industry and I really like the atmosphere. It's more down to earth instead of the always changing marketing industry. 

It's the first time I'm working with Jira, so I expect to have questions these next months, so I'm happy to have a helping community. Have a nice day everyone!!

3 comments

Comment

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2023

@Germaine van Vugt Welcome to the community!

Like Lewis Tanguhwar likes this

Thank you Ollie!

Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2023

Hi @Germaine van Vugt ,

Thank you for the amazing post and welcome to the community!

Thank you very much!

Francis Abejiide April 17, 2023

@Germaine van Vugt, welcome to the community. I love how you presented your background. Based on that, I know you will do great in your new role. All the best wishes!

Lewis Tanguhwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2023

Welcome to the community, you're in the right place surely @Germaine van Vugt 

Germaine van Vugt April 25, 2023

Thank you Lewis!

Like Lewis Tanguhwar likes this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2023

Welcome to the community @Germaine van Vugt   It's a great place to find answers and to collaborate with others.

Germaine van Vugt April 25, 2023

Thank you Marjorie!

Like Marjorie likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events