ACP-620 prep material-issue with permissions

Jana Kotsioudi March 29, 2022

Hello,

I am following the course for ACP-620 and in the first lesson we are supposed to change permissions of the project Megastorm to Development Permission scheme so that roles such as scrum masters are added among roles editing sprints or deleting issues. BUT for me non of the available permission schemes adds these roles and therefore I cannot assign the testing persons to it.

Any idea why or what to do?

Thank you.

4 comments

Comment

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2022

Hello @Jana Kotsioudi !

Welcome to the Community!

I am not sure about the content of the ACP-620 certification prep material. 

But, I think that "Scrum Masters" role is not available out-of-the-box. You can create this role from "Project Roles" page in Jira Administration console.

Then, you can add this role for the specific permissions (like Manage Sprints, Deleting Issues, etc.) in your custom "Development Permission Scheme".

To add users or groups to this role, you need to do it from "Users and roles" page in your Project settings.

Hope this helps!

Emma JL Rush
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2022

Hi @Jana Kotsioudi ! I can help here. Please let me know if you're logged in as Dakota Jones, and have you been able to use the development permission scheme with the Megastorm project? This is at Lab 3, Excercise 1.g

You should see this: 
devpermscheme.png
Thanks!

Like Joanna Thurmann likes this
Emma JL Rush
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2022

You can also create a support ticket here if you'd like me to look at the site you're working on.  https://support.atlassian.com/contact/?_ga=2.202482513.1923617033.1648743636-1960228178.1613600772#/?inquiry_category=training&reason=certification

Tosin Ojodun September 27, 2022

Hello,

I need help please. The instruction from the Lab Workbook says "Go to your site URL and log in as the Jira administrator, Dakota Jones. Use the email address that corresponds to her name and the password that you received". Please, where can I find the password associated with Dakota Jones? I didn't receive any.

Note: Screenshot #2 was what I got when I launched Jira from screenshot #1

Screenshot #1

Screenshot #2

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events